The Camel Toe Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigdolma

Master chef for Kebobs & Hummus extraordinaire
Reaction score
Hi there fellow riders and non riders, now that I got your attention from the "title". Needless to say, if you are looking for the other "toe" stuff, then perhaps you might want to try your favourite search engine for an alternative toe. Otherwise, welcome to my first real AUTHENTIC camel toe ride.

Follow up from my previous post of "moving to the UAE" a few moons back, I am happy to say my FJR is now in the UAE and riding it over the weekends with some fellow non FJR riders. UAE has a few clubs and just like any part of the world, riders from all walks of life share the same passion regardless of race, color, relegion or favourite Hummus flavor. I prefer Red Pepper paste :)

Here we go!

Before I shipped the bike over, took to my good friend FJRHAL. Hal replaced the pads, fluids, fixed a few "McGyver" wiring jobs that I had done but were not to Hal's "standards" B) . He further changed the sparks, new tires and minor adjustments. Hal, many thanks for work you put it, well worth it.

FJR arrived by boat from LA and landed in Jebel Ali, local harbor in the UAE. After a few "formalities" and without getting into too much detail, they delivered it to my house on top of a pick up truck, tradditionaly used to carry vegetables, furniture and camels. But hey, it came in one piece. They pushed it onto a flat bed truck, lowered it to the ground and started up like a champe.

Full coverage insurance next day about $250 U.S drove it to our DMV "Road Transport Authority" for registration and plates. Paid roughly $45 USD for registration and plate. After inspection - blinkers work, breaks light up, horn (was not expecting the magnum blasters) the guy jumped about a foot - was expected the pancake type of beep :) .

Here is the last pic of People's Republik of Kalifornia plates on

IMG-20111123-00548.jpg

Here is a pic with Rajeeb R/R and Dubai plate is in!

IMG-20111123-00549.jpg

IMG-20111123-00550.jpg

Took her out to the first UAE quality gas - quite good if I may add, we get 95 as low octane and 98 as high octane. Its a mandatory full service so you can not pump yourself. The guys at the pump know that and take full measure not to drip fuel on tank.

IMG_3831.jpg

Checked the tire pressure

IMG_3830.jpg

IMG_3829.jpg

Here is me :)

IMG_3833.jpg

and off I went towards the "central" part of the country.

IMG_3834.jpg

First stop is Dubai Land....

Dubai Land was suppose to have been the "Disney Land of the Middle East" and all the other "lands" but due to budget cuts, it became a bit static for the time being. So the famous attraction is now the Feejer. However, there is a Space Shuttle parked in the back of it by the high way.

IMG_3835.jpg

IMG_3836.jpg

As you can see, only the entrance is made but behind it is sand. The management still promises delivery of this massive project sometime soon.

Went on towards "Sharjah" on the (Emirates Road) 311 highway, which is parrallel to the main "Sheikh Zayed" 11 highway.

IMG_3837.jpg

IMG_3840.jpg

IMG_3839.jpg

Emirates road is 6 lanes and sometimes 7 each way. Very nice ride but straight shooter. Speed limit is about 120 klm (75mph) but you can go upwards of 145 kl/h without getting a "forward facing camera flash" ;)

Onto the center part of country

IMG_3841.jpg

IMG_3847.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Some may be familiar with the sand, but hey, its sand everywhere and black tar in the middle

IMG_3842.jpg

Some of us may remember a trip we took north of Kali and stopped at a fruit stand, here is one in UAE. These guys are everywhere and have some great produce and cheap. He can even wash, peel and serve onsite at no extra charge - baksheesh is good for "future business" :)

IMG_3843.jpg

Continued on
IMG_3844.jpg

But sometimes you may make a turn and then suddenly...

IMG_3845.jpg

But hey, they idea of Touring is possibly to get lost yeah?

Continued further and passing sand dunes, left and right part of the highway parts of which become rocky. You can see the wind pushing the sand upwards towards the hills. This is on my way to "Hatta" or the border of Oman.

IMG_3848.jpg

Then onto 120 highway towards Kalba, the road twisties thru the hills

IMG_3849.jpg

IMG_3850.jpg

IMG_3851.jpg

A little village just on the side of the road welcomes you

IMG_3852.jpg

Entrance to the village of Wadi El Helo or the "Sweet Valley"

IMG_3853.jpg

Beautiful village, something you dont see in US is a Feejer next to a Beautiful Mosque.

IMG_3854.jpg

Continued onwards towards Kalba with a photo of the local ruler, very well respected.

IMG_3856.jpg

IMG_3857.jpg

Landed on the other side of the UAE just North of Oman border into Kalba, a seaside town facing the Arabian sea.

IMG_3858.jpg

IMG_3859.jpg

Local fort was used to protect the “invaders” from the sea. Very well preserved

IMG_3861.jpg

Fueled up, hydrated and off I went via another route.

IMG_3862.jpg

The dunes change from part of the country to another

IMG_3863.jpg

IMG_3864.jpg

Almost look like….

IMG_3865.jpg

Rode into another village to take a break and hydrate more and shoot the breeze

IMG_3866.jpg

The view behind me next to town

IMG_3867.jpg

Scorpion tracks in the desert sand.

IMG_3868.jpg

Local kids saw this space age bike, walked by to check it out

IMG_3871.jpg

Ali could not hesitate to ride it. Only concern is armor boots. I offered a ride behind me but Ali said his father may disagree

IMG_3872.jpg

But his cousin Hamad asked if he can tag along

IMG_3873.jpg

Local camels saw this strange silver animal, came by to check it out

IMG_3874.jpg

Strike the pose!

IMG_3877.jpg

IMG_3878.jpg

Imagine crashing into one of these at any speed.

IMG_3880.jpg

The story is you have to pay the owner with some cash to compensate, could cost you a lot, your leg, wife, foot, life, mistress…you name it.

IMG_3881.jpg

Hey! What about me??

IMG_3882.jpg

This one was not interested

IMG_3884.jpg

Watch out!

IMG_3886.jpg

Great bend, tires stick like Velcro

IMG_3887.jpg

IMG_3888.jpg

And yes, the pose for “Camel Toes” in the area!

IMG_3891.jpg

And here is the toe I promised.

2.gif

Then off to home.

IMG_3855.jpg

Here is the map

1.gif

I have seen only one FJR here but no did not have a chance to chat with him. Plenty of bikes, a lot of Harleys, Italian, Japanese. Local dealer

sells an FJR a year he says, willing to negotiate .

Wa Salam ou 3alaykom!

Interesting RR, thanks for sharing. I'll bet that place is a real hoot when the wind picks up! :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Outstanding report! Thanks for sharing :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Do you speak the local language?

Not much traffic once you're out of town. I've been to Sharja, been on the one road between there and Dubai and it was packed! Must ne nice when you get out of town.

Riding season ends soon? It was in the 120's when we were there in September, not exactly good riding weather! But at least it never rains (or at least not much) :)

VERY NICE. Not every day we see a RR from that part of the World. Thanks for sharing. :clapping:

Great to see you posting another excellent RR, BD!

and geesh, talk about a teaser title!

Great pix, really liked this one..

IMG_3877.jpg

Great pictures, not much twisties, you may need to go to the Darkside with all the flat straight roads there.. :rolleyes:

Very interesting pics indeed, even though I'm pretty sure I prefer my local NorCal riding. I'd trade traffic with you, though. That gas station looked pretty immaculate. Bet the restrooms are above average. What are gasoline prices like there?

Great pics and report, maybe that's a way the UAE could attract tourism business, organize and encourage motorcycle tours, looks like the roads are in great shape.

The world just got a wee bit smaller. Thanks for sharing in that part of the world.

Love the idea that no matter where you are from, your religion, your skin color, a kid can still enjoy sitting on a cool bike.

What is the average riding air temp? And what would you do in a sandstorm?

BTW, methinks that camel gives dolly a run for the money, eh Bust?

Interesting RR, thanks for sharing. I'll bet that place is a real hoot when the wind picks up! :rolleyes:
Yes it does, they announce sand storms over the radio.

Do you speak the local language?

Not much traffic once you're out of town. I've been to Sharja, been on the one road between there and Dubai and it was packed! Must ne nice when you get out of town.

Riding season ends soon? It was in the 120's when we were there in September, not exactly good riding weather! But at least it never rains (or at least not much) :)
Thanks! Yes I do speak the local language, helps but most speak english anyway. They love to see bikers and the border police just get a kick out of bikers. Dubai - Sharjah road via the one you took is not fun at all. We avoid it between certain hours by car anyway. July August September is no ride season for us. Realy hot and humid and not fun at all. There is hardly any rai, but mountains have thunderstorms sometimes.

Great to see you posting another excellent RR, BD!

and geesh, talk about a teaser title!
One way to get YOUR attention :)

Very interesting pics indeed, even though I'm pretty sure I prefer my local NorCal riding. I'd trade traffic with you, though. That gas station looked pretty immaculate. Bet the restrooms are above average. What are gasoline prices like there?
The gas stations for the most part are really clean, well maintained employed by Phillipine expats and/or India/Pakistan. The McDonalds and such are typically at gas stations. The liter of Gas in Dubai is 1.72 AED (local currency) which is about .46 u.s. cents/liter. 3.78 liters per gallon implies $1.73 for 95 octane gas. Dubai does not have any oil, almost all comes from Abu Dhabi, the state next to us and the capital of the UAE. I will do another ride report when I get there :)

Great pics and report, maybe that's a way the UAE could attract tourism business, organize and encourage motorcycle tours, looks like the roads are in great shape.
They do local charity tours, but we always see German/Dutch or European plates come down to UAE on their way to Africa on their GS or adventure bikes. However most ride straight lines aka Harleys.

The world just got a wee bit smaller. Thanks for sharing in that part of the world.

Love the idea that no matter where you are from, your religion, your skin color, a kid can still enjoy sitting on a cool bike.

What is the average riding air temp? And what would you do in a sandstorm?

BTW, methinks that camel gives dolly a run for the money, eh Bust?
Between Mid November to Mid May is great for riding. In Jan thru March about 72 highs and barely much lows. Summer is not fun, most people leave for Lebanon, Med countries etc...

Its the same model applies as in the U.S. the speed bikes are at a meeting point gas station early around 6 am, and around 10 am are the harleys :)

Sandstorms no riding, we be staying indoors, not fun :)

Hey, BigDolma, glad to see the bike made it ok! Make sure there aren't any vegetables stuck in the headers - Bust tells me that carrots attract camels - especially the small ones.

Keep an eye on your air filter. ;)