2013 windshield

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
James: I'm just over 6 feet and I was getting beat up even with stock shield all the way up. Went with the Touring shield and it has been everything I hoped for. Very good quality shield, easy to install and works perfectly with all the stock hardware. Took away all buffeting and still will go up a couple more inches. I think the specs say 4 inches taller and a little bit wider.

Has made my higher than normal speeds a joy and allows my eyes to focus for patrolling fun stoppers.

M.

James: I'm just over 6 feet and I was getting beat up even with stock shield all the way up. Went with the Touring shield and it has been everything I hoped for. Very good quality shield, easy to install and works perfectly with all the stock hardware. Took away all buffeting and still will go up a couple more inches. I think the specs say 4 inches taller and a little bit wider. Has made my higher than normal speeds a joy and allows my eyes to focus for patrolling fun stoppers. M.
I agree with the above.

I have one also. I am 5' 7" and like this shield a lot. I do not raise it all the way and keep it below eye level. Very smooth air flow even when it's all the way down. I'm very happy with it but it already has a few stone nicks in it after 3000 miles.

I installed the CalSci Large Extra Wide screen on my 2013, after enjoying the Large CalSci screen on my 2008. The 'extra-wide' version, which is 3" wider, makes a world of difference.

There is a noticealbe absence of buffeting, even with the screen in mid-position. In fact, I rode about 100 miles the other day at interstate speeds without earplugs (I had forgotten to put them in). The road noise was so muted that I didn't notice that I didn't have them in until I got a phone call on my bluetooth helmet speakers that was so loud that it rocked my eardrums!

If you're looking for a better screen than the factory-made, yoiu should consider the CalSci.

I'm 5'11" / 32" pant leg. Purchased the Cal. Sci. Large (+5.5") extra wide (+3"). Wind noise down 75% with no buffeting. Good at Max speed. Thanks Mark for a good product.
smile.png

I just installed a Yamaha Touring shield on my Gen III. What a difference. The thing is +4" and a bit wider. Looks really nice and Yamaha went as far as etching FJR into the side.

I'm 6' tall with a 31" inseam, so my whole height is from waist up. Stock shield at top setting was bad, and it got worse the lower it went. The new touring shield is way better. In fact today i had to lower it a bit because i was getting warm. Also no buffeting at all. Will test more as today there were pretty good crosswinds. I paid $140 at the dealer and they installed it while doing the 600 mile checkup.

I am 6' tall and considering higher screen for FJR '13.

On my 07 I have Givi aftermarket screen - I am OK with it, but not comparable to original Yamaha Touring screen in stiffness and function. Nevertheless, OEM touring screen for 07 is too big for me (OK in spring and autumn, but not in hot summer).

Same issue here for '13 model. OEM is more than 10 cm higher (4 inch) - too much for me.

In Europe I can get easily Givi (2 inch higer and a bit wider). Not so easy to get in Europe CalSci or Cee Baileys. Does anybody has experience with Givi for '13 models?

I went the other way. Did the Cal Sci sport in dark gray. Find it better than the OEM. I can keep the shield lower with less noise and buffeting.