Shop recommendations--San Antonio TX

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJR30FAN

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone knows of a reliable shop in San Antonio to have my FJR serviced? I usually do most of the maintenance myself but I want to know if there is a decent shop that does quality work in case I need to have someone work on the bike.

I don't know about San Antonio, but I can highly recommend an independent shop in south central Austin- Austin City Powersports: https://austincitypowersports.com/

They have a great reputation and I have had very good experiences with them. They mounted a new set of tires in February and they were accommodating, fast, and reasonable.

I checked them out on Yelp a while back and they have a very good reputation.

Initial service and warranty issue with my glove box. More than helpful. Service even helped me unload my bike after I bought it from another dealership.

I took my '07 AE to Kent Powersports in Selma, TX, last year to have the fork seals and front tire replaced. For those who don't know, Selma is just on the Northeast edge of the San Antonio metro. I do most of my own maintenance, but I don't have the tools/knowledge to do forks. They did a great job, with just one exception. They didn't tighten the front ABS sensor bolt and I didn't catch it until the ABS light came on about a week later. Quick fix to snug it up.

I'm not sure what it says about having others work on your bike when it's still called a great job with a bolt left loose, but that seems to be where the bar is these days. I would go back to them, if necessary, but keep in mind that you'll want to do your own inspection afterwards.

Well if it means anything I do my own service and did exactly the same thing. I left the rear ABS sensor screw loose just before a trip going down to EOM. I was 75 miles into the trip down and all the lights on the dash started flashing. MY BAD. So it just goes to show everyone makes mistakes. Now I realized that you don't even have to touch that screw. The whole ABS plate will drop out when doing tire maintenance.

Easy Peasy now,

Dave

Woods Cycle Country in New Braunfels seems to have a good rep, I do all my own service but have been in the shop area several times

over the years and it is clean and well organized but always busy.

When I take my ZRX in for inspection most of the techs are able to recognize the myrid of changes and where some of the parts came from.

It has upgraded ZX14 front suspension, brakes and wheels some custom triple trees to make everything mesh aftermarket flatslide carbs. In comparison one year I took it to the local Honda shop for inspection and all that was said was clean old bike dude