YFO 2017 - Yosemite and Beyond - June 1-3, 2017

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyler

Miss Demeanor
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
So we're trying to lure hppants and RedfishHunter and his Pops and maybe a few other know accomplices out to California next year for another rolling clusterfeck ala the WheatonFJR/airboss debacle a few years back. 2016 is already quite full so we're looking way ahead to 2017. Open to ideas for dates... thinking maybe May or June depending on other regularly scheduled FJR events.

Let the planning begin...
cool.png

--------------------------------

UPDATE AS OF June 14, 2016

Hotel accommodations:

5052 Highway 140 Mariposa, CA 95338

Phone: 209-966-3607

Toll Free: 800-966-8819

Rates (good for one king or two queens):

Thursday, June 1, 2017 $119

Friday, June 2, 2017 $129

Saturday, June 3, 2017 $139

There are also four apartment type accommodations as follows:

Apt. A: 2 bedrooms - 1 queen / 1 twin = +$30/night

Apt. B: 2 bedrooms - 1 queen / 1 queen = +$40/night

Apt. C: 3 bedrooms - 1 queen / 1 queen / 1 twin = +$50/night

Apt. D: 3 bedrooms - 1 queen / 1 queen / 2 twins = +$60/night

We have 30 rooms reserved under “YFO Gathering”… you will need to call the hotel to have a room reserved in your name. Ask for Stormi and she will help get you set up. Ready, set, GOOOOOOOOOO!!!
cool.png

GROUP DINNER INFO HERE.

For those who want to fly & ride, here are two local rental places (other than EagleRider), fly into SFO:

Dubbelju

dubbeljulogo.png

California Motorcycle Adventures

California-Motorcycle-Adventures-Header.jpg

----------------------------------------------

INmates

Tyler
Morecowbell
Ms. Morecowbell
NorCalFJR
Ms. NorCalFJR
SacMike
Puppychow
101stpathfinder
RedfishHunter
RedfishHunter Sr.
Uberkul
Ms. Uberkul
BigJohnSD
FJRay
Ms. FJRay
Brodie
NeilInSanDiego
Ms. NeilInSanDiego
hppants
El Toro Joe
CraigRegs
Petey
0face
gregory
Ms. gregory
gregory (guest)
gregory (guest)
gregory (guest)
gregory (guest)
senecahome
senecahome (guest
weluvbikn
festar
NTXFJR
Niehart
Panman
Curly Joe
Minnesota Jeff
Allen_C
Ms. Allen_C
JREW
FrankD
Ms. FrankD
Cibrd0wn
Bugnatr
Ms. Bugnatr
LCB
escapefjrtist/Jill
Ms. escapefjrtist
feejer
Ms. 1911
Jer
exskibum
Ms. exskibum
oneway
fencer
fencer (guest)
Intech
juniorfjr
Ms. juniorfjr
ekiM
Nightshine
Allen_C (guest)
MysteryGuest
RussPerry

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a framed US map of the National Parks on my office wall that my kids gave me for Father's Day years ago. They also gave me a box of pins to place on a given park after I have visited it.

The State of California is woefully desolate on my map.

It's time to remedy that!!!

IN!!

Let's see...Head north towards Ohio to collect Joe, west to Chicago to collect Marty, South to Louisiana to collect RFH, Pops and Pants and then head west to Cali! Lisa, you can come down and leave with me from the house. That would be epic!
IN!!! (I'm so excited!)

I was thinking Y might mean Yosemite and I figured FO was FJR owners but since this is such a strange crowd, logic does not always work.

Like now for example. Logic tells me that in August of 2017 my beloved father will be 72 years old. Both of my grandfathers died at 72. I cannot imagine...

I am about to call Pop and discuss this. I bet you folks already know what he is going to say.

I've had Yosemite on my list for so long its firmly entrenched at the number one destination. I was going to try and swing NAFO and Yosemite in together this summer, but it's not to be. Between the exchange rate, buying a new house and moving this spring and some other things I can't yet talk about.

But next year, next year is a whole new thang!

MAYBE!

Bob - we gulf coasters will happily head northwest and cut you guys off at the pass - maybe somewhere in Texas. For good measure, we can mosey into some saloon and wash the dust down.

Waiting 12 weeks for SEOR has been pretty torturous. This might throw me over the edge, man....

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a framed US map of the National Parks on my office wall that my kids gave me for Father's Day years ago. They also gave me a box of pins to place on a given park after I have visited it.
The State of California is woefully desolate on my map.

It's time to remedy that!!!

IN!!
Pants, if you make it to Cali, you'll have to stick some pins in places that aren't National Parks. We've got plenty of pin-worthy roads for ya. And some of you coming across, I'm thinking you could make this a Y2FO and catch Yellowstone on the way in too. Both different, both great. And you'd be able to pick up a pair of almost-matching YNP stickers.

As for me--IN. Whenever. Thanks for starting the ball rolling to Tyler.

Bob - we gulf coasters will happily head northwest and cut you guys off at the pass - maybe somewhere in Texas. For good measure, we can mosey into some saloon and wash the dust down.
Meet at the Big Texan in Amarillo?