Fairing Removal

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, I'll save this. Haven't had to take the plastic off the '14 yet, but this is sure to help. Finally started to feel competent getting it all off on the '05, just as it went up for sale.

edit--just realized this came from our mate Mcatrophy. Thanks to you too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha-ha!!!

This is the gallery of pictures I took when removing my '14's fairing, that were then used to illustrate Bungie's topic.

Added my pictures from that gallery to his topic in this post.

There's also the link to my pdf file. This is easier to print out so you can take a paper copy into the garage.

I've seen these links posted in several places. FBTF*.

*FBTF: fame beyond The Forum
default_smile.png

[29th June 2020: Edited to correct links to other forum posts]

Good stuff mcatrophy! Never hurts to have another reference thread when searching.--G
Not so sure, the Facebook link has increased my server access by a factor of 10. Any more, and it'll get even slower than it already is. A real step up from around midnight GMT this morning. It'll be interesting to see how it evolves.
FWIW, I probably average about three serious looks a day at the fairing removal picture set, mostly linked from this Forum, but not infrequently from elsewhere. After about 12 hours from that step, there were around 30 coming from Facebook who were doing a serious look (by which I mean going through all or nearly all of the larger pictures one-by-one) plus many more casual looks. And a few gluttons for punishment who wandered further around the site.

I don't "do" Facebook myself :nea: .

Yes, I have already see you're little server on a PY.

I have juste receive my 2nd to do a little server has your, my first PY is used to make multimedia center
smile.png

Yes, I have already see your little server on a PY.I have juste receive my 2nd to do a little server has your, my first PY is used to make multimedia center :)
Fixed it for you ;) .

Is the computer called a "PY" in France? Here it's a "Raspberry Pi", an obvious pun on the Greek letter "pi" and the word "pie" ("tarte" in French).

thanks!

Yes, lazy man say or write Py for Raspberry Pi. last letter and first letter. It's just a geek naming.

In fact I have a Raspberry Pi B for multimedia center (managed only throw the CEC, and my TV remote control ).
My second (a Raspberry Pi 3) will be used to make a little domotique, and web tools. Just for fun.

There's a Gen-I for this, too, for us fuddy-duddies that won't update our bikes... I even went back and fixed the pictures after Photobucket flipped us the bird.

Ha-ha!!!
This is the gallery of pictures I took when removing my '14's fairing, that were then used to illustrate Bungie's topic.

There's also the link to my pdf file. This is easier to print out so you can take a paper copy into the garage.

I've seen these links posted in several places. FBTF*.

*FBTF: fame beyond The Forum
smile.png
Got a "Malicious File Download" from Norton when I tried to download the pdf. Not sure why. Anyone else have a problem? Norton says the "lock.net" site is the problem, not the specific file.

Ha-ha!!!

There's also the link to my pdf file. This is easier to print out so you can take a paper copy into the garage.I've seen these links posted in several places. FBTF*.

*FBTF: fame beyond The Forum :) .
Got a "Malicious File Download" from Norton when I tried to download the pdf. Not sure why. Anyone else have a problem? Norton says the "lock.net" site is the problem, not the specific file.
As far as I am aware, there is no malicious content on the lock.net website. It is run partially by my son, partially by me, with one partition used by another family member. My reassurances probably shouldn't convince you there is nothing wrong, however no one else to my knowledge has had any issue (other than the occasional slow service or the site being off line for a while).
Does your Norton give any further information, maybe a log file that states the name of whatever was detected? If there is something amiss, I would want to fix it immediately. Meanwhile, if I download that file from the web site using the link quoted above, my own computer scanner detects nothing untoward, nor anything else that I have downloaded.

As far as I am aware, there is no malicious content on the lock.net website. It is run partially by my son, partially by me, with one partition used by another family member. My reassurances probably shouldn't convince you there is nothing wrong, however no one else to my knowledge has had any issue (other than the occasional slow service or the site being off line for a while).
Does your Norton give any further information, maybe a log file that states the name of whatever was detected? If there is something amiss, I would want to fix it immediately. Meanwhile, if I download that file from the web site using the link quoted above, my own computer scanner detects nothing untoward, nor anything else that I have downloaded.
Not to derail this excellent thread but the "threat" is that the owners are not identified in whatever data base Norton uses. Seems a "problem" with a lot of sites. I turned it off to download this file. JSNS