EOM 2017 - Wytheville 2.0 - Sept 28th to October 1st 2017

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

extrememarine

Reaction score
FJR1300 Eastern Owners Meet (EOM) - Wytheville, VA - Ramada - 9/28/17 - 10/1/17.

Info page here

Direct link to registration here

Update - 9/17/17 - Banquet Meal.

As many know, there was a serious issue with the banquet meal last year, causing us to run short on portions / servings. One contributing factor was that I allowed people who did not register/showed up at last minute to join the meal. The catering company ordered the food for the mail a week before the event, so adding these last minute folks meant that the buffer in meal portions was used / not there.

This year, I am going to have to put a cut off on the meal to avoid what happened last year. I want to make sure everything gets at least 4 green beans this year, not 3!!!

The cut off for registration and banquet meal will be 9/20/17 (Wednesday). I may slide once I speak to the catering company Monday, but right now it is 9/20.

Thanks,

Wayne

Posted by Tyler - Hawaiian Shirts in honor of Beemerdons at the Banquet

So I touched base with Wayne and he agreed with this... Saturday night at the banquet, please wear your finest Hawaiian attire in honor of Beemerdons. We did this last year and had a competition for the best Hawaiian garb... this year, we're just gonna do it memory of our friend... if you didn't know him, ask around for those who did and wear something anyway cause you would've loved him as much as we did when he was here and I'm sure there will be a few stories...
icon_cool.gif

Update 2/28/17

Room block is set up with our own "Rate Code" now - $59/night + tax. You must call the front desk at 276-228-6000 and state you are with the Yamaha group using the "YAMA" rate code.

The discount sites will most likely all show the hotel as booked - you must call the front desk to make your reservation...

Subject says it all...cornered a little bit on the date due to the reliance on outside catering.

Searching for alternatives and open to suggestions - dump the banquet all together, do a parking lot tailgate, bus to local watering hole, etc...

If there is a significant number in the group who want a different location or different date, please pick up the reigns right now and run with it; if not, this is the date that I can make work for me.

Wayne

UPDATE - Attendee List - as of 8pm on September 11th, 2017.

78 Guests Registered

Forum Screen Name

0face
Abercrombie FJR
Allen_C
Aunt Kelly
BikerGeek99
Billc
BkerChuck
BkerMona
BlacknWhite23
blanchd
Blind Squirrel
blufjr
BroncoBob
Bucwench- not on forum
Bungie
Burnspot
CB
Chivvalry
Chris NYFD
Clocklaw
cota95
De Oppresso Liber
Deagle
drewvanracer
dsbiker
El Toro Joe
Fencer
FJRfarrier
FJRPittsburgh
FJRPittsburgh
FjrVfr
Frushlorton
Geezer
Gizmo
Gregg Gruse
griff
Intech
Jeff F
John d
JustinNck1
JWilly
Kenny
kridnkris
Krwllms
LCB
leedavis
LKLD
luvtoride
Madmudder
Mark
MEM
mi_pjk
Mrs. Clocklaw
Mrs. Frushlorton
Natehawk750
none
Ozzy
petey
PhilJet09
pjleduc
pjleduc's passenger
Polarize
Powerman
RaYzerman
SoozeBG
stevec677
Stew
Sullivan
SWP
thompsonian
Tyler
Uncle Hud
uspsa1
Vabrzn
wheaton
wnyfjr
yamafitter

Last edited by a moderator:
OK with me, and a SEOR style get together is fine with me too. A full formal rally with t-shirts is fine as well but it's a lot more work for those involved, before, during,and afterward.

FJR1300 Eastern Owners Meet (EOM) - Wytheville, VA - Ramada - 9/28/17 - 10/1/17.

Subject says it all...cornered a little bit on the date due to the reliance on outside catering.

Searching for alternatives and open to suggestions - dump the banquet all together, do a parking lot tailgate, bus to local watering hole, etc...

If there is a significant number in the group who want a different location or different date, please pick up the reigns right now and run with it; if not, this is the date that I can make work for me

I'm in, sounds good.

I like your choice, Wayne. Since you're the one doing all the heavy lifting, If you build it, The ones who want to will come. That's perfect for me.
yes.gif

Wayne,

I can't imagine the time that goes into this. Whatever else you decide to do (or not to do) will be just fine.

Thanks again for all of your hard work.

Don.

Hoping for a longer ride for EOM in 2017...Laura and I are in (I think she's up for it, I made this call without executive input!!)
rolleyes.gif

SEOR style, not familiar with.
Could it be you supply an Ohio resident with moonshine and steal his credit card for dinner?
That's close, Mike. SEO style, is no frills, no t-shirts, no banquet. Just show up, ride, hangout in the parking lot, drink and smoke cigars.

...so that's what happend to that credit card.

hot dangin' dawg... I'M IN!!!!

It's in the calendar... now just to decide how many miles to ride, and how many states to gather, before I pull into the parking lot....

Wayne, wherever you put I will be there! Let us know when we can book our rooms.