CFR 2017 Atigonish Nova Scotia August 25 - 27

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fjrob1300

Frost-back1 IBA 34867 / Brown Sider 002/ Dark Side
Reaction score
Hello y'all. I have found us a hotel in Antigonish NS. The other Inns that are down town are booked.

https://coastalinns.com/coastal-inn-antigonish/

It fits the bill. All rooms are drive up! There is a couple restaraunts within walking distance. It's 8km to Tim Hortons. Our host will put aside 15 rooms. Maybe more if needed.

Option 1: one King and one Queen bed (38 m²) - $129.95 Per night plus tax

Option 2: two Queen beds (38 m²) - $129.95 Per night plus tax

Option 3: one Queen and two Double beds (38 m²) - $139.95 Per night plus tax

Option 4: one Queen bed with small stand-up shower only (15 m²) - $89.95 per night plus tax

The rate includes a Continental Breakfast; and for two adults two children under 12 years old , Every Extra person is $10 plus tax
All rooms can be air-conditioned with TV, fridge, microwave and coffee pot. They also have access to one of our two BBQ’s available.

If you would like to reserve this room, please call with your option choice, credit card # with expiry and approximately check-in time. We can only then reserve your room and send you a confirmation number. Please note that their cancellation policy is 24 hours prior to date of cancelling.
Reservation will be under CFR 2017

1-800-433-4494 (Toll-Free)

Calling direct will be the best way to contact hotel. Please call between 8:30 am to 8:30 pm ATLANTIC TIME ZONE.

We have 30 days that the rooms will be held. Soooo hurry.

Camping is nearby .

This will be a no muss no fuss occasion. Show up or shut up.

Rob (not the rally master)

We will have some routes up soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
August in Nova Scotia
bike.gif

Some nice riding possibilities from that location! Cabot Trail (of course), Bras d'Or Lakes, Sunrise Trail (including Cape George). Ferry to PEI and Confederation Bridge back as a day loop or going to or from the Rally.

Unfortunately, I have commitments elsewhere in the latter part of August. Sounds like a fun, low-key "un-rally rally"!

I will be interested in seeing your recommended routes (for future consideration).

Thanks for starting the (non)rally Rob.

A run around the Cabot Trail with a mandatory detour up to Meat Cove and a lunch stop is a good 10 hour day for most.

That time of year the traffic is nuts and the RCMP will be out in full force. Still a very scenic ride and well worth it if you

have never done it before.

I have two other shorter routes that I can suggest.

1) Leave Antigonish and head west on rt. 337 with a stop at the Ballantynes Cove wharf and then Cape George Lighhouse. This will connect with the 245 (Sunrise Trail) all the way to Sutherlands River. From there one can run Old Highway 4 or return on the sameroute back to Antigonish. This is easily a three hour ride.

https://www.parl.ns.ca/lighthouse/index.htm

2) Take rt. 7 to Sherbrook Village. After a short beverage break take rt 211 to Port Bickerton and take the ferry across to

Isaac's Hbr. From here you can do the full loop over to Canso or meander your back to Antigonish. The short loop is around 4

hours with stops. The longer loop is closer to 6 hours with stops.

https://sherbrookevillage.novascotia.ca/what-see-do/special-events/sherbrooke-village-rally-gives

I will run all of these loops prior to the (non)rally to ensure that the is no unexpected road construction.

If you have questions on these routes or any others feel to post up. This is my back yard play area.

I can also suggest some routes getting to Antigonish.

Canadian FJR

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm going... anybody?
I would like to but I think I am going to be in Manitoba around that time. First grandchild is due about then and I am told I will have to be there for a visit! Will likely miss NERDs as well although I MIGHT be able to spend a day or so in VT on the way to Winnipeg - it's just a small detour. (My wife is flying out but I am riding.)

IN. Will be leaving from NERDS and maybe use that time between the two for a ride around the Gaspe.

Aargh! For awhile now I've had it in the back of my head to get up there in conjunction with NERDS although the thought was to go the week before, then hit Stowe on the way down. Going to double-check but I think I need to be back here during the dates you guys will be riding.

Book your room now! avoid being disappointed . Open post to anyone interested.

Hey Thanks Rob no CFR in 2017 felt like a gut blow.

Let me check my schedule, If I can make it I will.

Chris