Display Question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAB

Reaction score
2015 ES with 18300 miles. Part of the right hand display was blank. Toggling between all screens had the same issue. After about 15 minutes of riding it came back. I had been riding for about an hour or so. Then I stopped at a store. When I started back up, this is what I found.

https://goo.gl/photos/iyAnt6zNZr2svnjd7

Any one seen this before? Any ideas on what caused it?

Thanks,

Jeff B.

I believe the message center goes into an 'auto reserve' mode when you hit the last bar on the gas gauge. It starts counting the miles traveled 'on reserve'. You have about 1.2 gallons so maybe 50 miles max to refill.

Also, I found you can still toggle the menu lever to see the other modes, including the other info screens.

Did you just get the bike or have you had it since new? Can't imagine riding 18,000+ miles without ever hitting the "count-up" reserve. I do it virtually every tank; making sure I fill up by 50 miles which leaves a comfortable margin (unless I'm pushing it a bit - then I fill by 30 to 40 miles).

JAB posted: Its official, I'm an idiot.
Yes, you are, and -- from one idiot to another -- you're in good company here.

My count-up comes on when parking on the side stand. What to do? Hit/hold the reset button, and all is right with the world again.

Last edited by a moderator: