fork brace

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jammess

Reaction score
I was going to post this thread in the never ending and pointless forum but can't start a new thread there but I tried.
rolleyes.gif
Anyway, having recently installed a MCL fork brace on my gen2 I was wondering if a fork brace would do anything to help prevent fork bushing wear? Or maybe do just the opposite?

I was going to post this thread in the never ending and pointless forum but can't start a new thread there but I tried.
rolleyes.gif
You should aspire to NOT have a thread moved to NEPRT. This thread is definitely not recurring nor is it never-ending. ....I'll leave whether it's ultimately pointless to discussion. ;)

I was wondering if a fork brace would do anything to help prevent fork bushing wear?
Anything? Maybe. Would it do much? Doubtful.

Most likely will do more harm on a Gen2 since there is an extra set of bushing in the forks already. It would do some good on the Gen1's though.

Good luck,

Dave

I did some investigating into this question and it now looks to me like the fork brace is probably a waste of time for a gen2 since Yamaha went with a 3rd fork bushing from the two bushing forks on the gen1 bikes. Probably a fork brace on a gen2 will accomplish nothing of significance nor will it do harm as long as it is installed correctly and does not cause the fork sliders to bind. Maybe I'll run across a gen1 rider that wants a good quality fork brace someday.