More About YFO Swag

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SacramentoMike

Not Safe For Work
Reaction score
It looks like we're going to have some good swag at Mariposa next week--enough that we need to get a little organized. So I've volunteered to be the "Swag Master," with Tyler's approval. Here's how it will go:

If you have anything for swag, just please get it to me before the dinner on Saturday. I'd appreciate a "heads up" PM about what you'll have, but if you can secure a last-minute donation, just bring it along.

This will be a fund-raiser, and we've decided to donate the proceeds to the Yosemite Conservancy. They do a lot of good in and around the park--things like maintenance and upgrades of the grounds, trails, and facilities, restoration, lots of programs for visitors, kids, etc. and even animal rescue and rehabilitation. They just released a couple of bear cubs they saved. It's non-profit, and better yet, non-controversial. Nobody from anywhere on the political spectrum needs to take offense at all. And best of all, it's totally in line with what's drawing so many of us from all over, benefiting this beautiful place and everyone who enjoys it.

So we'll sell tickets for a big raffle after Saturday dinner. If you've been paying attention you know there's some really good stuff coming in. We'll sell the tickets fairly cheaply so a decent contribution will get you a lot of tickets--that gives you lots of choice in how to "spend" them. Then we'll have separate bags or buckets for you to put your stubs in by each prize. You can go for the one(s) you really want, or spread them out all over the table. You won't win a prize you didn't choose to compete for, and your chances of winning go way up if you want one of the more minor prizes, where there'll no doubt be fewer stubs to compete with yours. If you really want just one thing, dump all your tickets there, and good luck to you.

Finally, still encouraging everybody to see if your local dealer, vendor, or manufacturer will kick in something--t-shirts, hats, discounts, gift certs, anything. Just bring it along.

Tyler and I will have tickets for sale, maybe other volunteers will be selling too. Waiting to hear from you on that. hint hint. This will be a lot of fun, and some of you--maybe most of you--will go home with some nice goodies. Hey, less than ONE WEEK TO GO!

One last thing. It was hotter than hell last weekend. Looks like at YFO we'll be enjoying daytime highs in the very pleasant low 80's!
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike,

I obtained a pair of riding gloves from Stockton Yamaha (Yay, April the parts manager!). A set of EVA Laguna Air (Size L), nice for riding in the warm California sun! I'll get them to you when I get there Friday round noon! C Ya Then!

D

My guys haven't come through yet but I'm hoping for some stuff on Tuesday.

YFO's in the books, as you know, and I think we can say it was a rousing success. Lots of discussion and piccies in another thread, but this is to update on the whole "Swag" thing. Because we had such really great donations for prizes, we made it a raffle to raise money for a charity to be determined, and as posted in no. 1, we found a good one. And a big thank you to everybody who donated swag or chased it down from your local dealers and vendors. And of course to those dealers and vendors.

Just want to let you know we sold SIX HUNDRED AND SIXTY DOLLARS worth of tickets, all of which went off in an envelope (by check, naturally) to the Yosemite Conservancy. Here's what I said in the cover letter:

Sarah Jones

Institutional Giving Officer

The Yosemite Conservancy

101 Montgomery St., suite 1700

San Francisco CA 94104

Dear Sarah,

As I told you on the phone, we’re a loose-knit group of motorcycle riders who first met by searching the internet for information about the bike we all ride, the Yamaha FJR, and ended up as a community of like-minded friends who enjoy talking and learning about the bike but also about the great places to ride all over America. We regularly hold meets or rallies in the most beautiful spots on the continent surrounded by the best riding roads, and that’s what brought us to Yosemite this June.

We often hold fundraisers at these meets and donate the proceeds to a local cause or organization. The Yosemite Conservancy seems like a great choice this time, since the park was the real “draw” that brought us there. The attendees and various vendors in their home areas provided the prizes for the raffle that was this year’s fundraiser. Ticket sales raised $660, and a check for that amount is enclosed. The check is drawn from my personal account, but please list it as a gift from “The Members of the FJR Forum” (www.fjrforum.com).

And thank you all for what you do to help keep Yosemite what it is.

I'll pass along their response when it comes in.

Last edited by a moderator: