Suggestions for july trip

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s.ga.rider

Reaction score
Im leaving South Ga on July 7th and heading to Zion np with my daughter. So far ive planned out the stops along the way and have 3 nights in zion and 1 in Bryce Canyon. From there were headed to Moad for a few nights. A night in Breckenridge and a one or 2 in Rocky Mountain np. If time allows im going to hit the dragon on the way back. Any tips for those areas? I went to Moab and Colorado last August but my daughter wants to see RMNP. We are mostly camping and I have several campgrounds and tent spaces reserved.

On the way back, see if you can work in Southern Missouri and Northern Arkansas. There is good roads all around there. We have had really good luck with a campground south of Harrison Arkansas. It has great amentiries, is ran by an awesome lady, and was inexpensive. Shady Oaks Canpground. ‭

+1 (870) 743-2343‬

camptheoaks.com

960 Highway 206 E

Harrison, AR 72601

United States

Prepare for some heat, you are used to it in North Georgia. But across the plains, there is no elevation to alleviate the sweltering heat.

I will be following closely to this trip. My daughter had always wanted to take a road trip just like this. I would be interested in how you make the camping thing work for 2. Please fill us in.

Last edited by a moderator:
As of now I have a rack installed on my givi case to strap the tent too. Im going to strap a sleeping back to the 357 and let them ride on the saddlebags. The rest of the gear will go into the top case while I get 1 saddlebag for clothes and she gets the other. Should be interesting.