Bockelrider is down

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gray ray

Reaction score
Thoughts and prayers for our good friend and my racing buddy Bockelrider.

He's in the hospital right now waiting for open heart surgery . I'll try to keep everyone posted.

Good luck and God bless Steve. Get well soon.

Hope all is well, positive great good juju flowing his way from here. Keep us updated.

Latest update,

Steve is going to have the surgery done this coming Tues. at a hospital in the Dayton area.

His daughter is a nurse in a cardiac unit down there, and he has a lot of family in the Dayton area.

I'll post something up again Tues. night.

P.S.

Thanks for all the thoughts, prayers, and well wishes. I'm sure that Steve is reading all of them.

Thoughts and prayers for our good friend and my racing buddy Bockelrider.
He's in the hospital right now waiting for open heart surgery . I'll try to keep everyone posted.

Good luck and God bless Steve. Get well soon.
Thanks to all for your positive thoughts!!

I got out for a few days and will be going back in Friday the 9th for the operation.

Should be home late next week and will post up then!

They told me I can ride in 12 weeks....silly people! 6-8 should be enough.

See you all on the road soon!

Steve

Just talked to Steve's wife. So far, so good.

Steve is out of surgery late this afternoon. He had the "Big Quad"

He is supposed to be in intensive care for a few days and they expect to have him home by Wens.

Prayers work. Keep then coming.

I went by to visit Steve today. I've only been to his house one time and that was over a year ago, I remembered the street but could not remember the house. So I'm slowly driving down his street trying to recall the house, and who do I see strolling along, but Steve and his son. He was not setting any land speed records, but he was vertical and he is walking.

We talked for about an hour. He tells me that the pain is manageable and that he is feeling much better every day. He hasn't had a smoke since the operation, and doesn't plan to start again.

The doctors tell him that in 6 to 8 weeks he should be good to go.

How long befor EOM?

Hey Steve! Great to hear the good news of your recovery. I just stumbled on this thread and am happy you are healing up fast. Hope to see you on the road soon.