Sad Story

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That sucks, he sounds like a great guy.

That is also why I ride with a Spot 3. I ride all the time by myself and after I bought my KLR to explore the backroads I realized that nobody knew where I was.

That's a lot of bike for trail riding. Last year in late fall I low sided my BRP and hit a tree. I was all alone but fortunately I didn't get hurt to bad. It was cold out also. Not many folks go through that area where I went down either. Situation could have been a lot worse. I was fortunate. No cell phone on me also.

Sad story indeed,

Dave

Very sad, seemed like a nice guy.

Good reminder to keep your cell phone/spot locator ON you, not shoved in a bag somewhere. You never know...

Well, Hell, that's not cool. Honestly, it breaks my heart to think he was conscious and knowing he was aline without help. I hope he didn't suffer. I will not go out on my dirt bike alone. Way too easy to end up underneath the dammed thing in some weird position that traps me under the bike.

Damn!

Sad that the authorities felt a need to check for cell phone and credit card activity. Keep that in mind if you are trying to disappear. Pay cash.

I guess it might not be the worst way to go out, though . You're riding along having the time of your life on a new (and probably not paid for yet) dual sport bike and go off trail. A bit of pain I suppose to endure, but for a relatively short time, and nothing like what the majority of us will suffer as we succumb to the ravages of old age or worse (cancer).

It did seem weird that in an event where you are so immersed in humanity such as Americade that nobody was riding with him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why are y'all saying he was alone ? That's not what I got from the article: "He had been in that area as part of a June 7 trail ride with fellow Americade participants, but no one in his group witnessed the crash."

This group-riding-and-keep-an-eye-out-for-each-other-and-be-accountable thing has been discussed (puppy chow/Sam incident with a deer?) on this Forum. Good lesson

Yes, it was a mistake to leave his cell phone behind.

Hopefully, he experienced the "Big One" on his bike and that caused the crash. No suffering and he died doing what he loved.

What we all pray for ....

Why are y'all saying he was alone ? That's not what I got from the article.

Hopefully, he experienced the "Big One" on his bike and that caused the crash. No suffering and he died doing what he loved.

What we all pray for ....
At the beginning of the article it said, "missing since last week...found Tuesday." That makes me think he was missing over at least the weekend, or longer. Maybe I'm interpreting that wrong, but I don't think so.

As far as having the "big one," I hope you're right!!

Latest posts