2600 miles, 5 days

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hammer Down Brown

Reaction score
We all spend money on ergonomic stuff for our bikes but you never know whether or not the money was well spent until you put it to the test.

Last Tuesday I left Harrisburg NC on an official SS 1000 to an MTF Flower Sniffing event in Marquette Michigan. After a quick check with Google Maps I discovered it was 1067 miles so why not. I left at 1:00 PM and arrived Wednesday morning at 7:00 AM for a standard sixteen hour run. I wasn't really ready to turn around and do it again that day but my point is, other than lack of sleep, I felt good. I knew from that, I had the right risers, peg lowers, seat and other comfort features for me.

I spent most of Thursday Friday and Saturday riding all over the Michigan Upper peninsula and then left at 5:00 AM Sunday morning for home arriving at midnight and again feeling tired but comfortable with the bike.

Sunday morning upon leaving, it was 50 degrees and drizzle off the lake all the way back to the Mighty Mac bridge. As we headed south and away from the lakes the drizzle stopped and it warmed up a little. Sunday afternoon coming through Columbus Ohio it was 88 degrees and humid. That's quite a range for a short period of time.

The FJR turned over 16,000 miles on the way home and I am discovering that I am really appreciating the PR4 GTs. I have 97,000 miles on my Wing and didn't think I had much to learn about comfort from the FJR but it goes to another level for me. Fifteen months and sixteen thousand miles in, I know the FJR was the right decision for me. This trip gave me the answer.

Nice ride!

How were the bugs in the U.P? I've heard the biting flies this time of year are bad.

Latest posts