Nifty programmable 12 vdc delay relay

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcarver

Reaction score
I have a bad habit of forgetting to de-energize my aux fuel tank pump... clearly a delay relay would be nice.

Found this and going to give it a try.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have such a relay in my setup or should say had. I sold my FJR but still have aux tank setup. I am considering selling my whole setup or making it fit on my Super Tenere.

Similar to how mine is set up. My timer is postage stamp size and programmable.

My pump runs through a relay that is only hot when the bike is running.

This is a 10 amp relay. Not sure how much a small pump draws but it should be less than 10. Hmmm, maybe I should go check.

Mine has always been fused at 5 amps. Even when my original pump failed it didn't blow the fuse, just stopped moving fuel. That was a generic, metal case pump. I'm now running a bit higher performing K&N pump, with no issues.

Guess there's not many of us who have interest in things like this.. :whistle:

Welcome to my world, GEEKS!

A 1 or 2 second delayed off can be done with an $2 elecrolytic capacitor across the "activation" side of the relay.

I have a bad habit of forgetting to de-energize my aux fuel tank pump... clearly a delay relay would be nice.
Found this and going to give it a try.

Here's another one that I've used for various projects. https://www.ebay.ca/itm/New-0-1s-99h-Programmable-Digital-Timer-Double-Time-Delay-Relay-AC-110V-New-/141955872229?hash=item210d3ab5e5:g:FqQAAOSwZ8ZXC2~s It comes in several voltages AC and DC although I can't find a 12v DC version with a quick search. Very flexible. Quick and easy to tune.