Airline Check-Worthy Bag for the Bike

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Lumberg

Merica
Reaction score
International men (and women) of mystery- In my never-ending self-indulgent quest to minimize the number of unnecessary cage travel, I am looking for a checkable-luggage container that will secure/transport fairly easily on the FJR. Usually when I fly, my equipment and dress requirements preclude anything besides a ginormous suitcase or pelican case. But for those rare, more minimalist trips, I'm trying to decide on a bag or duffel that will fill this niche. I haven't found a givi case that was appealing (both for reasons of durability and pricing), and my existing pelican cases that are large enough for a trip are too heavy. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

That Ortlieb Large bag looks great, especially for $105 direct (I see they're $170-205 via amazon sellers!). Thanks ETJ for the link.

I've promoted this before on other threads, but the Dry Pak duffel, available all over, is about half the cost of those brands, it's waterPROOF, and super sturdy. Camping at night, all set up, the now-empty bag is perfect to store my helmet, boots and bulky riding gear outside the tent.

master:KWI150.jpg

Here's a link to one vendor. Mine is either the large or extra large size and it holds everything for a long camp trip (and I carry a lot). Kind of big on the bike but ties down well with a couple sets of Rok Straps. I'd get a smaller one if I were to get one now, especially as a carry-on bag. Medium, at 24 x 12 x 12 in. would be perfect. The top rolls up for a positive seal and buckles with tightening straps that secure it along both axes to keep it tight even if it's less than fully loaded.

Foboo 66L worked great. Great on the bike (it comes with D rings and straps (wider straps that work the same as rock straps) so it's 4 seconds on or off the bike. No issues with airline baggage, or anywhere else.

Last edited by a moderator: