New Seat Improvement Option

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting...variation on Iggy's "board" to support your thighs.

Local Snohomish company. Wonder if I could get a discount if they used my FJR for a pattern.
rolleyes.gif

--G

Out ot curiosity I started clicking links looking for a price. Found it on their own website here. $139! Looks like they'd have to custom make it for every bike and even every after-market seat. Probably one reason for what seems to me a very high price for what it is.

Seems pricey, but handy. I'll wait to see how people like it before getting interested. If it were made adjustable so one could be used for several different motorcycles it might be worth it.

I saw this at the Desert 100 earlier this year. Great concept. If you were going to ride your 450 dirtbike a long ways on the highway it would be better than sitting on the narrow seat. Get to the trail and take it off. But wait, What do you do with it then?

Interesting idea.

However, I have a bill Mayer seat that was part of the group buy many moons ago. One thing I've found out about it is that yes it's a much wider platform for my tail end, but it only works when I am wearing my Levi501's. They don't stretch, and they become part of the seat suspension system. I don't have a "Fat Ass"that hangs over the bike's seat because the tight fitting denim keeps my tail end in trim shape and in place.

When I ride commando in my 'Stitch
uhoh.gif
I'm done after 1 fuel tank.

But when I'm wearing my 501's I'm good for a Saddle sore ride - then more tomorrow
hyper.gif

Sorry, no pictures - thankfully.

Brodie

rolleyes.gif

Tryed Craig Vetters board idea, I tried a couple of pool "noodles" encased in a save the earth grocery sack. It worked really well, but was hard to get up on, due to no ties to the seay. This seems to me like it will be a winner.

The Vetter "board" went under the thighs if I remember correctly? This seems to widen the area at the butt. Both may be effective but the principle seems different.

Not a bad idea. An idea older than vetter I'm thinking. I'm a proponent of function over form. I think the stock seat looks better than my laam. But because I know what the laam means and what it can do, it's beautiful to me.