Brodie's grounding harness

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benhur

Reaction score
Hi all

I have a 2008 fjr with Brodie's harness installed. We have dismantled the front end to repair some damaged plastics and I cannot remember how to reinstall Brodie's harness...can anyone post up or send me the instructions which came with it please?

after the fact, in the day I used to take polaroid pictures as I dis-assembled things. Nowadays I suspect it is easier done with the new cell phones.

Unfortunately my mechanic dissassembled the bike...i would have taken photos....so back to my original request...anyone can give me the instructions or an email link to the seller

Hard to believe that was over 7 years ago. I sure miss that paint job.

https://www.fjrforum....unding-harness/

Benhur, if you still need help with it after viewing the above link, just send me a PM and I'll be glad to help you walk through it.

Brodie

rolleyes.gif

Benhur, I hope they get it installed again for you, because it's definitely needed. This was just proven to me a few weeks ago on another bike that had the recall done, but melted the S7 spider anyway. We got him back on the road, but we both wished a Brodie or RoadRunner harness (or both like I have on my bike) was available.

Hard to believe that was over 7 years ago. I sure miss that paint job.
https://www.fjrforum....unding-harness/

Benhur, if you still need help with it after viewing the above link, just send me a PM and I'll be glad to help you walk through it.

Brodie

rolleyes.gif
Hi there,

bike is hooked up and working to your harness....Could I ask you a question to test my high school physics lessons....If I understood correctly, your harness was a shunt to ground...in other words it provided a wider pathway for the current to ground, which added to the original grounding pathway provided by yamaha serves to neutralize any chance of internal resistance in the connectors being enough to cause a meltdown...

Am I correct in my understanding of the circuit that hooking up only one spider (eg s4 or s6) would benefit the other spiders also? in other words decreasing internal resistance at one connector block would in turn lower the currents flowing through the other blocks?

R.