Petey

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

extrememarine

Reaction score
photo-866.jpg
Peter Lache

I post this with overwhelming sadness. I spoke to Marty (Oface) and agreed to post this as he did not have access to.

Yesterday September 29th, we lost Petey. He was riding with a small group in eastern TN as part of the EOM gathering.

Details will follow as they become available. We ask everyone to please be respectful of Petey’s family in this time of loss. Once funeral arrangements are made public, we will update here so that anyone who would like can send condolences.

Marty always put it best – “Petey is my hero”. Yes, he is, and always will be, my hero…

Wayne

10/4 - Update.Here is the page for the Obituary link

10/3 - Update 2.

A flower / plant arrangement has been ordered for the service on Thursday. It is sent on behalf of the Riders and extended family of E.O.M. and the FJR Community.

We will all be there in spirit. Safe travels to those making the trip to Stillwater.

Update - 10/3

FYI - local newspaper notice here on funeral arrangements.

Update 10/2/17.

Funeral Services info from Petey's family.

10/5/17 (Thursday) at 4pm
Palmer Marler Funeral Home
5106 N. Washington
Stillwater, OK 74075

Update - 10/1/17 - Family Contact Information for cards and condolences.
From Marty. Petey's daughter, Chris, is asking that for those who would like to send condolences, please use the P.O. Box address listed below - this is her address and it will route items to her. No further information on funeral arrangements have been provided as of this morning - please be patient.

Lache Family

P.O. Box 1031

Bristow, OK 74010

I know Chris saw our comments here from Marty's text.

Chris - our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Please do not hesitate to ask if there is anything this community can do to help in anyway.

Wayne.

Last edited by a moderator:
So sad to hear this. Condolences to his family and friends. Met him up at the Montrose rally for the first time a couple years back. Hellavu nice guy!!

Thanks for posting this Wayne. I cannot imagine the mood at EOM right now.

I had the privilege of meeting Mr. Petey at YFO this year. Somehow he was larger than life and I truly thought he was invincible.

This hammers home a lesson many of us have already learned, GO to an FJR meet up somewhere. The FJR people are the Best People. And once the opportunity passes...it's gone forever.

RIP Petey. I pray that wherever you are the roads are smooth and twisty, your tires always grip, and there is never gravel in the corners.

Edit: Let's remember that another FJR rider went down in this same incident, he may need our support in some way also.

We had the pleasure to have Petey (and Marty) stay a few days with us after YFO this year. During their stay we had some interesting conversations with Petey including how he grew up in East Germany and when he came to the US as a teenager and learned his foundry education from a fellow German he worked for. As usual Gayle drilled him on his family, kids etc.

Gayle and I feel truly blessed to have had the opportunity to get to know him better over the last few years.. Peter was a gentleman of the highest degree.

After riding a day with him and others on the Dragon at EOM a few years back I'll never forget how he came up to me and said "you know Dougie, you can hustle that big bike pretty well". Made my day.

We'll miss you Petey.

This is simply awful news. Condolences to his family. RIP Pete you will be missed.

Please post the details his accident so we can learn from it and perhaps save a life.

I got that phone call yesterday and my heart sank. The last time I saw Petey was when he and Marty were on their way to YFO. Whad a great dinner together and spent our time laughing. Petey was truly a genuine man, and we will be less without him. I'm sort of at a loss. He was always such a big deal and so fun to ride with. When I told my wife, she made me cry. He'll be greatly missed.

Just devastating news. We lost one of the good ones. When you can Wayne or Marty, please provide and address so we can let Petey's family how loved he was​ is.

I heard if this accident yesterday and couldn't believe it. Petey and nosecone were two of the first fjr'ers I met on the ride into Reno for WFO. A wonderful person and friend. He was and always will be my hero. RIP old friend.

Truly a legend on this forum and in the FJR world. I was looking so forward to meeting Petey at SFO in four weeks. It was such an honor to know he was coming to our little gathering this year.

Condolences to the Petey family, far and wide. RIP Petey, you will be missed by all.

Heard from Doug yesterday, while I was at a work conference. My heart sank. Had the honor to meet and talk to Petey at YFO and send him and Marty on some fun gold country roads.

Petey, you will live forever in our memories and FJR lore!

I had the pleasure of speaking with Petey three times and it was always a nice experience. But I never had the courage to invite myself along for a ride as I knew I'd be humiliated by my lack of skill.

I'm sure for those who knew him well this is a terrible loss - I'm grateful I had the chance to make his acquaintance and feel richer for it and now saddened by his departure.

I send my deep condolences to his family and friends

I'm shocked to hear of this, and knew nothing of an accident at the EOM. I missed it this year and was looking forward to the posts of good times. I'm deeply saddened and saw Petey in both eastern and western gatherings. A talented and dedicated rider, and a deceptively quiet nice guy.

I last saw Petey at Ruben 5 (2016) and ate breakfast with him one morning. I was in awe of the miles he rode to participate in so many FJR events on both the East and West coasts and Canada. He said he had ridden 535,000 miles since he started riding at age 35 but approaching age 80 he didn't enjoy back to back to back 500 mile days as much as he used to and was going to start cutting back a bit on the the long days.

He was a great rider and great, but humble, person. I would guess that he was the most recognizable person on the Forum since he attended so many FJR events over the past 12 years. His passing is a great loss for all of us.

Never met the man, however thoughts and prayers to his family and all his friends that will be affected by his passing. RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.