Givi top case compatibility between models

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jesse H

Reaction score
The previous owner installed the older, discontinued Givi E52 Maxia Monokey. Curious if the current line of Maxia Monokey top cases will be a simple remove and replace, including the taillight quick connect?

Thanks!

Go to the Givi website and see if they use the same mount. If they do then the new one will work. Since the older one is discontinued you might have to find out what mount the new top case uses and cross reference to the old one.

If it's a monokey, you should be good. I have switched all kinds of monokey boxes (including Ducati factory boxes) around and never had an issue. I have an E52 I switch between bikes along with an E46.

The monolock is a totally different mount. Why Givi chose two names so similar for different mounts....

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the replies.

In doing the research I stumbled upon the fact that they don't come set up with functional lights. Mine has LED's that work as running, brake, and signal. I'll probably just stick with what I have for now.