Tubular handlebar adaptor for FJR?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never heard of one. Seems to me that the grips, throttle tube, switches, levers, controls etc. are on a smaller diameter tube? I could be wrong but it would be messy if you had to retrofit to a larger diameter. Probably wouldn't be too difficult to fabricate or adapt mounts for tubular bars. Why do you want to do that?

There is a German company called ABM that makes Superbike handlebar conversion kits. You can find them on ebay. Another is LSL. I seriously considered putting one on ma BMW R1100RS. There were some DIY hacks as well where you get a set of salvage bar clamps and drill your top yoke and use a bar of your choosing. Seems like a workable solution.

Never heard of one. Seems to me that the grips, throttle tube, switches, levers, controls etc. are on a smaller diameter tube? I could be wrong but it would be messy if you had to retrofit to a larger diameter. Probably wouldn't be too difficult to fabricate or adapt mounts for tubular bars. Why do you want to do that?
Tuning fork handlebars like the ones on the FJR, C-14, C-10 are notorious for vibration transmission. As soon as I put 7/8" bars on my C-10 the buzz disappeared. Hoping the same result will work on the FJR. I just found a Storz adaptor so stay tuned.

Was going to suggest LSL as a starting point, looks like you found another option.

Been a few years ago but ran across a ZX-14 with tubular bars. Nice looking set-up and the owner reported it worked well and was much more comfortable than stock.

Post up pics if you get it worked out.

--G

I'm very interested in seeing what you come up with as well. Having regular tube bars would open up lots of possibilities for various riser and set back options.

Yes I will definitely post pictures. I am hoping to make this something that can be replicated fairly easily for others who would like other handlebar options. I have made many mods over the years to my Kawasaki Concours. I always joke with folks that the worst thing you can tell me is "they don't make one of those for your bike".

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="mcatrophy" data-cid="1381553" data-time="1508510276"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="FJR JIM" data-cid="1381551" data-time="1508508739"><p><br />

I cannot find anything to post pictures.</p></blockquote>Are you posting from a computer or from a tablet or phone? Different technique required.</p></blockquote>

From my phone, will try laptop when I get back.

I cannot find anything to post pictures.
Are you posting from a computer or from a tablet or phone? Different technique required.
From my phone, will try laptop when I get back.
On phone, type [ img]http ://atrophy.lock.net/pi/20171008_Scotland/tmp/1_IMG_3243.JPG[/ img] without the spaces, (where "http ://atrophy.lock.net/pi/20171008_Scotland/tmp/1_IMG_3243.JPG" is the url of the image - which must end in ".jpg") gives:
1_IMG_3243.JPG