Fuel pump wire

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pnkrkr4lif

Reaction score
Does anyone know a source to get the 3 wire harness for the fuel pump? There is a little wire other then the 2 main power wires in the harness and apparently what the little wire goes to is a very small and thin piece of brass or copper and is very fragile. And I broke it.... I soldered it back together, but I would like a replacement. I would probably go for any ones none working assembly just because I want the wires.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/151146142@N07/Te8VP1

That's the fuel gauge-level sending unit. Photo is confusing, are you trying to show location of broken very small wire? Fuel float moves the arm and sweeps up-down causing a change in resistance giving a fuel level to the gauge.

I doubt its repairable. MAYBE. Very fine copper strip. Plug in fuel pump connector and swing arm up and down to see if fuel gauge is working if it is good.

If not may need pump assy. If it works then may just have spot at that level when gauge stops working unit fuel level drops.

Be careful working around fuel. No sparks.

Latest posts