Throttlemeister and Barkbuster Mounting?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wiggy1

Reaction score
I am looking at getting a set of hand guards and like the look of the Carbon Barkbusters. Styled to match the other carbon accents I have on the bike. I already have the throttlemeister installed and plan on keeping it, but I am not sure which mounting option I should use for the Barkbusters. According to the Barkbuster website the single point bar end mount that attaches to the end of the handlebar is the only option given when using the bike selection tool for Yamaha FJR compatibility. I know the carbon hand guards are also compatible with the universal clamp mounting option. However, I don't know how much flexibility we have with the handlebars for adding an additional clamp and sliding the grips laterally to make room. I think I would prefer the clamp option versus the threaded bar end option, but not sure.

I have a 2013 Gen III bike. Anyone else using Barkbuster hand guards with a throttlemeister?

Last edited by a moderator:
If those mount to the outside of the bar by threading into the barend mount, a Throttlemeister isn't going to work with that. The TM screws into the same barend mount and uses friction to keep the throttle in place.

No way to do that with a Barkbuster mounted to the end of the bars.

If it's not a stupid question, why do you want a throttlemeister when you already have a proper cruise control?
Teacher says, "only stupid question is the one not asked." So I respect your question
glasses.gif

It is a 2013 and throttlemeister was cheaper than a new ECU, plus it weighs the handlebars to cut just enough vibration. Was also cheaper than a vista cruse with HVPM bar weight combo for my preferences.

might be doable. i installed barkbuster's softsided handguards with my throttlemiesters. it may depend on the assortment of spacers/hardware that comes with the handguards.

37144662525_238348ffda_b.jpg

<snip> might be doable. i installed barkbuster's softsided handguards with my throttlemiesters. it may depend on the assortment of spacers/hardware that comes with the handguards.
Nice set-up, thanks for the pic!

--G

Hey VJR Pilot welcome from SC I live in Marion, SC about 50 miles from Myrtle Beach. I used be a administrator at the Hospital. I also help the staff at the Lauren's Hospital. Is there a group for SC? I would willing to drive a hour or two for a ride. Just an idea. I bought barkbuster that has a clamp that you bolt down on the handle bars. There was not enough room so I had to return the to ZRev Zilla.I have a Gen II 2007 AE. Dave

Hey VJR Pilot welcome from SC I live in Marion, SC about 50 miles from Myrtle Beach. I used be a administrator at the Hospital. I also help the staff at the Lauren's Hospital. Is there a group for SC? I would willing to drive a hour or two for a ride. Just an idea. I bought barkbuster that has a clamp that you bolt down on the handle bars. There was not enough room so I had to return the to ZRev Zilla.I have a Gen II 2007 AE. Dave
Pretty decent group in upstate SC. Five of us headed out to ride this weekend https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/174177-spring-hungry-mother-trip/