Finally scratched the itch

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barabus

Reaction score
Finally scratched the itch.....

Some of you might remember me from the years past. Wanted to give an update to riding buddies and forum friends

Bought a 2006 FJR and rode with the greatest riders on Earth. You know who you are:).

In any event 2015 rolls around and I get a scare on the I90 with a women texting and going 75. I pretty much stop riding after that.

I have an itch that cant be scratched. Thoughts about dual sport and KTMs. No cars on two tracks, right? Also Thoughts about track only with a BMW 1000RR. Thought about a M4. Put a deposit and then cancelled.

What is a guy to do?

Well I have a new ride:]

She is a bit bigger than the old blue big girl.

Dry weight 14T

Twin turbo diesels 760hp and 1900ft lbs torque

Little slower. Cruses 22mph and goes 30 mph WOT

Yes, bought a boat. Feels a lot like the MC community

Forgot how to upload pics but I will post a link to a similar ride. Meridian 391 with blue hull

Still have the bike but seriously gets no love now.

Barry

Last edited by a moderator:
Burn 40 gal diesel per hour WOT and has 33 pound of turbo boost. Loving this marine stuff. Systems are crazy complex.

water itch can get really expensive, but I understand the itch...don;t be a stranger, you can still come around and share war stories.

wow, over my head and beyond my paygrade, got yourself quite a toy, enjoy the dickens out of it. Must have a big owners manual.

Hello Barry, glad you found something to enjoy! The Puget Sound & San Juan's are great boating with lots to see. Use to spend a lot of time crewing this time of year on a friends Valiant 40 then a 39 Pearson, some great times.

Like Bryan said come visit at Tech day next summer.

Welcome to boat ownwership. I've had floating buckets that you pour money into for many years now. Mine are much (MUCH) smaller than yours.

The day I bought my current boat, when I got it home, I was thinking about giving it a name. My kids came out to greet me in the driveway.

(Tootie, the oldest) "Hey Dad, why did you buy a new boat?"

(Joe, the youngest) "Because Taylor, this time it's Dad's turn for a new toy."

Oh well, a nickname comes when it comes.....

Dads%20turn_1-X2.jpg

Hello Barry, glad you found something to enjoy! The Puget Sound & San Juan's are great boating with lots to see. Use to spend a lot of time crewing this time of year on a friends Valiant 40 then a 39 Pearson, some great times.Like Bryan said come visit at Tech day next summer.
+1

Just damn it, now I have to be nice to Barry again.
not_i.gif
punk.gif

Guess you won’t be visiting Death Valley in that monster ! Congrats on the sweet ride,I miss the boating on SF bay, I’m sure you’ll enjoy the San Juan’s with the new ride !

“Dad’s Turn”. Very cool. Love it.

Miss riding and this forum but (and maybe not surprising if I were to noddle it) the boating forums and my boat buddies are a lot like the cycle community. The trawler guys are a lot like the FJR community.

Hello Barry, glad you found something to enjoy! The Puget Sound & San Juan's are great boating with lots to see. Use to spend a lot of time crewing this time of year on a friends Valiant 40 then a 39 Pearson, some great times.Like Bryan said come visit at Tech day next summer.
+1

Just damn it, now I have to be nice to Barry again. :not_i: :punk:
“Again”??? That implies there was a previous niceness.

For all you motorheads- many probably already know this but these marine engine are crazy cool. They get a lot more out of them sine they are water cooled instead of air cooled radiators. Both the engine and the turbos are water cooled which is 52 degrees right now.

Also the new high pressure common rail diesels are amazing. 70,000 psi common rail with a preinjection precombustion cycle. Not sure all the mechanics but they are as quiet as gas with no black smoke. Efficient as hell.

I love them until something goes wrong. The down side- weight 1500 lbs each, and cost a crazy amount if they ingest water. Rumor has it (not sure I believe it) that an injector leak cut off a techs finger like a water jet.

Last edited by a moderator: