Difference in ABS Rings 3P6-2517G-00 vs. 3P6-2517G-00-00?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ignacio

Intramural Culture Warrior
Staff member
Reaction score
Several years ago I bought what I thought were some ABS rotor sensor rings to add to a spare front and rear wheel I was building up for my '14 and I'm puzzled a bit.

Below is what's actually on the front of my current 2014 ES and shows on fiche as 3P6-2517G-00-00 with two double zero ending.

IMG_4581.jpg

But somehow I've got 3P6-2517G-00 with single double zero ending that shows in at least one source as covering 2008 to current FJRs for locations other than North America. I thought they were right when I bought them, but I'm wondering now.

IMG_4580.jpg

They physically look a bit different even though they bolt to the same location and top one is magnetic where the bottom doesn't seem to be. Any chance the NA ABS rings are different than the rest of the world or anybody think they should both work? I'm scratching my head on this one and debating putting it on and trying it vs. just ordering one with the single zero and not risk it.

Minor mystery resolved. As I went to sort out a new valve stem and spare set of rotors I decided to put the funky sensor away in plastic and had to do a double-take why the wheel all-of-a-sudden had the same thing as my original wheel.

Turns out when you buy the 3P6-2517G-00 sensors new...they seem to come with a metal protector...who knew? I know now..I'm good to go with all the parts for a spare front wheel.

IMG_4582.jpg

Hahahahahahaha...That's not funny, but it's funny. Like having shoes that don't fit, only to find they still have the paper stuffed in the toes. I'm betting that metal plate is to shield the ring from random magnet sensors used in shipping processes.

Glad you got it figured out!