The Annual Last Ride of the Year - Stagecoach RTE

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m in for Stagecoach unless cold and rain arrive simultaneously. December 30 is a Saturday. Probably a big crowd.

I am waiting to see if my son can get time off. If he goes, we would have to take a 2 day/back roads ride there.

He is on a crotch rocket and we would probably alternate bikes between us just to do the distance.

If he does not go, I'd be up for a Friday departure. Meeting Joe… where? I-75/I-10 or are you planning a route?

For the 3 or 4 of us left in the world with no facebook account, could you give a little more info on this ride?

In a nut shell:

Every year on December 30th there is a gathering in Stockton, AL at a restaurant named "StageCoach".

Motorcycles of all kinds converge and gather for a meet-up. Throughout the day cyclist come and go. Breakfast

is held, awards are passed out for Oldest bike, rider who rode the longest distance… a good time.

BUT… to make it more worth while, the MTF (Motorcycle Tourers Forum) holds a dinner the night before

at a restaurant called "Streets" in Bay Minette, AL. Street's Seafood, Bay Minette - Restaurant Reviews, Phone Number & Photos - TripAdvisor The tire kicking and gathering at the motel the night before is nice, as it allows a rider to arrive the next morning

fresh at Stagecoach. (Getting a back row parking spot is kinda cool too) The host motel (I think) will be the Windwood Inn

Here:Hotel, Discounted Hotel Rooms, Cheap Hotel Rooms | Windwood Inn | Brent & Bay Minette, AL

Travelman would know more…

i'll be there. In a cage. Will try not to run too many people off the road.
no.gif

Tony,

Right now I am planning on riding up Friday and staying at a hotel in Daphne as the Wildwood was booked up. I am hoping Joe Green and Dan Thaler also ride up with me. We will meet Joe at the Wildwood exit on I-75 just north of the Turnpike.

A couple or years ago, the main parking lot was full, so about 50 of us parked across the street in the gas station parking lot. All kinds of bikes: touring, Harleys, street bikers, dirtbikes, antiques, every type you can imagine.

35713467482_8768dae1a7_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in. I'll be meeting up with Greg and Dan at I-75 exit 329 0n Friday. Hope Tony and danh600 can make it too.

I am waiting to see if my son can get time off. If he goes, we would have to take a 2 day/back roads ride there.He is on a crotch rocket and we would probably alternate bikes between us just to do the distance.

If he does not go, I'd be up for a Friday departure. Meeting Joe… where? I-75/I-10 or are you planning a route?
Tony,

Do you and your son have your plans set yet? Joe, Dan and I are planning to leave Friday morning but could change to Thursday depending on what you are doing.

We want to be there in time Friday to have the pre RTE dinner at Streets with some from the MTF forum.

I am waiting to see if my son can get time off. If he goes, we would have to take a 2 day/back roads ride there.He is on a crotch rocket and we would probably alternate bikes between us just to do the distance.

Tony,

Do you and your son have your plans set yet? Joe, Dan and I are planning to leave Friday morning but could change to Thursday depending on what you are doing.

We want to be there in time Friday to have the pre RTE dinner at Streets with some from the MTF forum.
Greg,

Give me a time and place to meet up for the ride and I will be there. My son is not so liking riding in cold weather on his crotch rocket.

I will be going solo. (After I swap out my rear tire) Thursday or Friday works for me.

Don't you guys have jobs? Hard enough to get the one week day off for me. If you all make it Friday, i'll ride up with y'all. If not, see you there and can ride back together

Dan

Long range forecast looks fab: high of 55, 30% chance of precip, but that's only in the morning.

<edit, two days later> I'm staying at home the night before and the night after. Accidentally married a great cook, and don't want to miss a meal.

Im staying at the Log Cabin Inn in Bay Minette Friday night, going to stagecoach, heading out early afternoon. Thanks for the suggestion #UncleHud.

I'll be at the Winwood. Hope to be back on the road by 11am Saturday as we have tickets to a comedy show for NYE back in New York.