Jewelry for Naomi - Final Under Seat Wiring

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcarver

Reaction score
Initial wiring started here...

And here's the final (for now) product.-------------------------------------------------------
2017-12-06 Final Wiring Under Seat

I gave up on using the Rowe Electronics fuse box. It's a nice unit, but.. always the but... it only distributes power leads. Somewhere, grounds have to connect. And the BlueSeas box does that. Elegeantly simple, relatively small, and it fits perfectly into the recessed area of the plastic pan.

And I learned that if you connect a postive wire directly to ground a fuse WILL blow. What I did not know is that when a modern fuse blows, it illuminates! Coolio!

Top view. Relay marked by label '87' powered from tail light wire. I used car audio amplifier power wire from battery via 50 amp circuit breaker to provide power.

Overview shot. The black connector at top is a PosiTap trailer connector. Left of it is the programmable delay relay for the aux tank fuel pump. I programmed it for 30 minutes run time before auto shutdown. Because I always forget. The ty-rap at middle right is for the seat release as I run a Russel DayLong.

The battery compartment. Unlike KrZy8, I'm not stacking multiple connections on the battery terminals.

More to come...

Nice work Don. Had a similar set-up on my '06 and it served me well...saved the Blue Sea when I stripped / sold the bike!

--G

Very nice. I have an Eastern Beaver block in the same location - it doesn't fit as nicely. The terminals on mine enter near the base so it doesn't sit down like this one does.

Joe

So what is the trailer wiring domahickey for? Lots of wires in, lots of wires out...but wha' fo ?

So what is the trailer wiring domahickey for? Lots of wires in, lots of wires out...but wha' fo ?
The aux tank runs a fuel pump. I always forget to turn it off. So I added a delay relay. The post-tap trailer connector provides easy and secure off/on connection when removing the tank.