We’re #1!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bullshit. You people know how to go 75 mph on secondary roads.

I heard on the news Sacramento, Ca was the worst city for drivers. Probably cause Sacramento Mike and Old Michael live there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've lived in all the states cited except MT. Every time I have been in MT it has been on my motorcycle. Never found the drivers there a problem. Can't say that for NY, NJ, PA, and FL. Florida is a particular problem in the winter when the elderly half blind take to the highways/streets.

Bullshit. You people know how to go 75 mph on secondary roads.

I heard on the news Sacramento, Ca was the worst city for drivers. Probably cause Sacramento Mike and Old Michael live there.
Maybe you can get Moonbeam to pull their license.:):):)
You assume those two even have a license. SacMike ,maybe... but the other guy? No way, they didn't even have paper when got his. :)

Montana and Florida are two of the three states that only require drivers to see 20/70. All others require 2p/40 or better. Hope they see you coming.

All I hear is a bunch of jealous whining. Everyone cant be #1, so knuckle down, have a couple of drinks and go for a drive; you too can excel at highway carnage.

Hey, just remember......If you're going to drink and drive........

Make sure you have a car.

Seriously though, Iowa drivers, when they come to Minnesota (I live about 40 miles north of the border) are horrid. On more than one occasion, I've seen them miss a freeway exit, AND BACK UP ON THE SHOULDER FOR AT LEAST A QUARTER MILE, to take the exit ramp they missed. Also a biggie; STOPPING at the bottom of a highway on ramp to check for traffic. Sorry about the capital letters, but they needed to be there. I've witnessed these more than once.

This goes to show that idiots are everywhere and are strategically placed so we run into at least one every day.
smile.png
Around here we blame it on Kali just because it seems to fit.
punk.gif

SwollenRaccoon posted: ......... On more than one occasion, I've seen them miss a freeway exit, AND BACK UP ON THE SHOULDER FOR AT LEAST A QUARTER MILE, to take the exit ramp they missed. Also a biggie; STOPPING at the bottom of a highway on ramp to check for traffic. Sorry about the capital letters, but they needed to be there. I've witnessed these more than once.
Common occurrence on Atlanta freeways, too. They also slow to 25 mph in one of the center lanes if they realize they're passing their exit. Country folks come to town but don't realize that country driving habits are dangerous here.

Pterodactyl, drunk driving happens everywhere, but ..... there's nothing Montana residents can do in the winter except drink, right? Too damn cold to go outside.

I just got back from dropping my MiL off at JFK. L.I.E. and the Belt for two and a half hours for the 25 mile trip. Closest way to experience restrictor-plate racing and being in the middle of the pack waiting for the Big One. What else you guys got?

I just got back from dropping my MiL off at JFK. L.I.E. and the Belt for two and a half hours for the 25 mile trip. Closest way to experience restrictor-plate racing and being in the middle of the pack waiting for the Big One. What else you guys got?

OK, BigO, you win. After what you did for your MiL, feel free to consume mass quantities tonight.

(By the way, how did she like being pillion on the FJR in that traffic?)

Whaddya mean tonight?? Had a shot as soon as I walked in. Strictly for medicinal purposes you understand.

Can't believe Oregon didn't make the top 10?! Nobody there uses anything but the far left lane no matter how slow they are going.....

I once lived in MT and moved back to Oregon in '81. Of course in the seventies there was nobody in MT in comparison to today and there was no speed limit on the open road in daylight hours. Nighttime the limit was 55 mph and strictly enforced by what few cops there were. There was several bars in the Billings area that had drive-up windows and you could order a drink of your choice to go. I once got stopped on the Bozeman Pass (I90) in daylight for blowing by a state cop at 110 mph. He chewed me out for showing no respect for a law officer and fined me $5 payable on the spot. All I had was a twenty and he didn't have change. So he took me at my word that I would meet him at the Mammoth Hot Springs museum in Yellowstone the following week and give him the 5 bucks. I worked in Yellowstone at the time and so I did as he asked and all was good.

I did observe a lot of drinking and driving in MT as well as very fast driving. One vehicle crashes that resulted in fatalities were common as well. When riding your motorcycle on the interstate it was advisable to check your rearview carefully before entering the inside lane to pass or you might become a grill ornament on some cowboy's Chevy PU. I will admit to hoisting a cool one now and then while driving out in the middle of nowhere. That was then and I wouldn't think of doing that today especially in Oregon or anywhere for that matter.

Lordy you sure can tell it is winter time on the forum. The quality of the bullshit is stinking sinking on new lows! :D

Waaaaa my state s/b numero uno. Waaaaa. Love it.