Bridgeport, CA - Sept. 8-10, 2018

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyler

Miss Demeanor
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Bridgeport, CA

Sept. 8-10, 2018

It’s time once again for our annual trek to Bridgeport staying at the Virginia Creek Settlement (https://www.virginiacreeksettlement.com/). For those in the Bay Area, we’ll head over the passes on Saturday, Sept. 8th (additional details to follow as we get closer)… for those in other parts, plan on meeting us there on Saturday or maybe we can figure out a meeting spot around lunch time. There is a restaurant onsite for dinner that evening.

Sunday will be a “free” day to go where you want, how you want, and to do whatever your little riding hearts desire… lots to see and experience in the area including Bodie State Historical Park (ghost town), Mono Lake, June Lake, Mammoth Lakes, the whoops on 120 into Benton, and the brilliant passes nearby (Sonora, Tioga into Yosemite, Monitor, and Ebbetts) as well as a few hot springs locations if that floats your boat. Sunday evening there will be a group dinner at the Settlement (again, details to follow) and we’ll also make arrangements for a buffet breakfast on Sunday/Monday mornings.

To make a reservation, you need to call the owner, Jimmy, on his cell number… he has new staff on board and sometimes they aren’t up to speed with the details of our arrangement. Mention my name or Dangerous Curves. His cell number is (661) 619-6769. At the moment, there is lots of availability. Should things start to book up, there is another motel right across the road, Willow Springs (https://willowspringsbridgeport.com/).

Looking forward to another wonderful weekend in the Sierras!

I’m planning on heading out for FJRay’s Reuben Run afterward!! :D

IN!
punk.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
As stated elsewhere, will attempt to work this into the Reuben Run trip. I've never stayed in a covered wagon. In fact, I can't say I've ever seen one.

As stated elsewhere, will attempt to work this into the Reuben Run trip. I've never stayed in a covered wagon. In fact, I can't say I've ever seen one.
Do it! I'd advise making a reservation as this trip almost always books up... even the covered wagon! You can always cancel if you think it's not going to happen. ;)

Almost screwed the pooch. I had this on the calendar but upon checking I had not made the reservation. That shithead I see in the mirror every morning is not to be trusted so I had to deal with it myself.
smile.png

Okay kiddies we're getting closer! Here is a list of the current reservations and what's still available. If you've been on the fence, get off of it and join in the fun! I'll have meal info soon as well. :D

Room 1 - Patrick Mulroney
Room 2 - Laura Marroquin
Room 3 - Albert Brutko
Room 4 - Kendall Moalem
Room 5 - Mike Whalen
Suite - Paul Stoll
Cabin 8- Marles Talli
Cabin 9- Susan Kowilkzyk
Cabin 10- Bernie Kuhuna
Cabin 11- Tyler Risk Room
Cabin 13 - Leslie Carmichael
Cabin 14 - Ray Slocomb
Cabin 15 - Scott & Cara Kulas

All of the tent cabins and wagons are currently available.

What is the deal with the Wagon's?

I checked availability on line but rooms are all booked.

Don't really want to camp.......but.......Someone that has been there give me some insight please.

What is the deal with the Wagon's?
I checked availability on line but rooms are all booked.

Don't really want to camp.......but.......Someone that has been there give me some insight please.
The entire Settlement is being held under my name or Dangerous Curves so it will show as sold out online. You need to call the Settlement directly or the owner, Jimmy, and his number is listed in the first post, third paragraph. ;)

Thanks Tyler, just found out my son's family is coming to visit that weekend so I'll be here and headed to Reu en Run after the weekend