• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted: Gen 2 rider footpeg lowering kit

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Udjeni

Reaction score
My '07 FJR was pushed over in its parking place by a careless driver (who fled the scene, the bastard), leaving the right side MCL foot peg lowering bracket bent. I see that MCL no longer sell them. What do people buy these days (or does no one buy those for Gen II any more?
smile.png
) Alternatively, would someone have a pair they no longer need? I am happy to pay a good price and shipping of course.

Thanks!

Riël

Cape Town

MCL lowering kits come for sale every now and then. Besides forums, there is always eBay. You could also try a machine shop. If they can't bend it, they could fabricate a replacement.

IIRC, they were all the same through 2016, at least. Just like the passenger footpeg lowering is the same across the years. I have a set recovered from a Gen II on my Gen I.

Last edited by a moderator:
You might want to send MCL a email about then, if I remember correctly if they are out of stock it disappears from their website until they have them in stock again.

You might want to send MCL a email about then, if I remember correctly if they are out of stock it disappears from their website until they have them in stock again.
I tried to email them, but it is not confidence inspiring when emailing the address ([email protected]) given on their web site results in "Your message wasn't delivered to [email protected] because the address couldn't be found, or is unable to receive mail."
upset.gif

I found a contact for a local engineering place that might be able to help. If that does not work out, I'll contact Kendoo and see where that leads. :)

The engineering firm managed to straighten my bracket and weld the slight tear, so I am sorted for now - I have not pursued any other options.

I am going to have a go at slapping up something basic in steel and get a boilermaker at work who is very good with aluminium to have a look what he can do with the steel template but in aluminium. He has a mate that does CNC work and is going to look at it as well. First have to find the time to make up the steel one, Work always gets in the way of good things.

I'm pretty sure I have a set from a gen II. Will look later today.Shipping to SA I presume?
Would love this set if you still got them. Live in South Australia. I just need that extra little bit of leg room. Had a set on my GTR1000 and it made all the difference for a comfortable ride for old knees. i have sorted out the pillion pegs for my wife but finding some for me has been impossible to find so far.