Done at the Cigar factory!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Panman

Reaction score
Well I pulled the plug yesterday after 32 mostly good years at the Cigar factory. No fan fair, just said good by to a few folks, gave the Boss my phone, inside parking pass and my badge.

I turned 66 last December and we decided it was time after getting the good news that my wife didn't show anymore of the "C" word. Hopefully we get some time to go south for the winters and sight see when she feels up to it and on her rest days she told me we needed to bring the motorcycle along so as I wasn't mopping around. Good wife unit telling me to go out and ride so she can read and Ice her back!

So this year we will finish the little garage project we have been working on and then hopefully I'll take a little ride north with the "G" man.

Starting next October hopefully we will be touring the southwest in our new to us used M/H for a couple of months leaving the M/H to head home for Christmas with our son & his wife and by then our two grandchildren. Then head back down for another two or three months.

I might even take some time to learn how to use Base Camp and Post pictures again.

A little nervous, but looking forward to not getting up at 2:45 am.............

Last edited by a moderator:
Good on you Kevin. You and your bride need to go have fun.
punk.gif
punk.gif

Congrads and more power to you guys. When you have been working all your life it does feel a little strange to not be.

congratulations, You've made it longer than I will. It's funny how that C thing will change your long term attitude. Great to hear she's kicked it out. We have been C free for 15 years, but know it can rear it's ugly head any time. You can always make more money, but not more time.
Lynny was 23 years between bout's.

Congrats! I hope no more then 10 but see maybe 15 till I can hang it up.

Enjoy!

Congrats! I am looking forward to that point in time as well. i just found out that I will be retiring as well. My division is being sold. When the mighty 3M bids me farewell they will retire me at 55. I will still have to work but at least I can start working on my second retirement.

Joe

Welcome to the world of retired folks. You will not be disappointed. I'd be happy to help with the Basecamp learning.

Congrats on the retirement!

Now, go out and do what you've always wanted to do but weren't able 'cause ya were busy doing what ya had to do.

Congratulations, man. It's a big deal, and I admire your patience.

If your southerly wanderings bring you this way, drop me a PM so I can put clean sheets on the guest bed. (Don't tell anybody, but there's some really good riding just north of the house.)

Congratulations Kevin, we've got room for one more on our Baja run, can you get to San Diego by the 16th?

Otherwise, see you in June!