British Bike as "other" bike?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful Vincent. The engine has to be the best example of mechanical art available
punk.gif

I had a really sweet Enfield Interceptor along with the FJR. It was one of 700 built but was way to pretty to ride on the street so I sold it to a private museum in Hollywood.

Yes, a bidder from Australia wanted the bike to stay in Australia. I think it may be ridden from time to time given that Patrick Godet had a look at the motor prior to the auction.

If you are riding it, and it isnt making noises of self destruction, then it is a magnificent machine..If you are pushing it, and for the record I have pushed my Vincent several times, always in the heat of summer, for several miles, it is a useless, worthless piece of c***p.

The worst thing about owning a Vincent is that if it breaks down, it cannot simply be “left” on the side of the road until one returns..

Ended up with a British bike as my primary ride and am very pleased with it. Decided a few years ago to give up street bikes and strictly ride enduro stuff. Been an avid off road rider my whole life and traffic and congestion on the roads really is getting bad here in N.J.

Sold the FJR and was doing fine just riding my Husky and quads with my son when a co worker tells me about his Triumph Sprint RS covered in dust sitting in the garage. Ok for $1500 why not! Clean it up replace tires diwnload a new fuel map etc. One test ride and im in love. Handles like a sportbike,smooth torquey power. 6 speed trans and 50 mpg

Was planning on flipping it for a profit. No way keeping it for as long as it keeps running.

Own two Brit bikes, a newer Bonnie and older Matchless, soon to be replaced by a new-old Rickman.

I would love to ride a Vincent but Id worry about taking it out. The value of Vincents has climbed to some seriously high values! Glad you get to ride one! They are impressive machines.

Best motor experience was watching a Black Lightning doing a speed run at Bonneville Salt Flats.

If you tell me when you saw the Black Lightning at Bonneville I can probably tell you who it was..

A friend of mine has a couple of series “A” Vincents..last year he was busily thrashing one of them in the hills when he was reminded of the value of what he was riding..and slowed down. He told me later that it was a great shame when the value of a bike impeded ones ability to enjoy it..

I remember a picture of one of his boys sitting on the Lighting.

Ex Brit guy here, 1951 650 with a sprung hub 64 & 65 Bonnies 72 & 73 Tridents & a 51 Ariel Sq 4. Sold the 73 Trident last year.

Like Ray said, the motor is a piece of art, I like what Godet has done with his line of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Egli's and Godet Eglis as well,

The yellow one is a 1000cc Egli built by Francois Grosset, The sexy black one is a 1330cc Godet with a 5 speed and the one with a megaphone was built by the late, Dick Busby.. The one with the winged horse is a Lightning Tribute bike built by Francois Grosset - very fast.

I have had the enormous pleasure of riding all 3..

https://photos.app.goo.gl/vdbX8CubTqzRTuRs2

I think it was 2013. Danish guy if I recall. My kid had a Vincent T-shirt on and the guy let him sit on it while we were waiting at the start line for Triumph Storm run ridden by Alan Cathcart. Was a great trip!

Heres a video I shot: