Timerbsled CR500 DAYUUUUUUM!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcarver

Reaction score

This looks like sooooo much fun! Maybe I will consider moving to a cold ass retirement friendly state after all!

Last edited by a moderator:
Watched the video. Every time the bike would land heavy on the front, filming would cut away to the next thread (?)

Now my curiosity is peaked. Seems like the steering would handle similar to a jet ski (?) A lack of control at slower speeds?

Dog gone it looks like fun though. Oh to be young again…

Looks like fun, but not more than a good pair of powder boards provides. And, e.g., my 185 cm Volkl Ones were a LOT cheaper, even after adding in the cost of lift tickets (or seasons’ passes). ;)

Looks like fun, but not more than a good pair of powder boards provides. And, e.g., my 185 cm Volkl Ones were a LOT cheaper, even after adding in the cost of lift tickets (or seasons’ passes).
wink.png
Do they go uphill?
rolleyes.gif

He wasn't fully outfitted in the video. He wasn't wearing a Klim helmet.

Looks like fun, but not more than a good pair of powder boards provides. And, e.g., my 185 cm Volkl Ones were a LOT cheaper, even after adding in the cost of lift tickets (or seasons’ passes). ;)
Do they go uphill? :rolleyes:
Of course. Skins + Marker backcountry bindings on my Ones + adjustable poles; have ascenders for other skis.

But however you’re gonna motivate up and down, the real issue is snow stability if you’re going to be in that terrain in those powder conditions. Snow/avalanche knowledge advisable, or go there when spring conditions have consolidated the snow, OR rely upon avalanche control operations in bounds. Anyone can get in trouble, but a motor can help the ignorant get deeper in it.

Those things are all over around here. I'm pretty surprised at how much they've caught on. Most people use 450 four strokes to run them, I've talked to some people that have them. A snowmobile smokes them on a trail or open flats, the bike is geared down and you can only get to about 45 on them. They are supposed to be really fun in the powder and trees.

Carver, they actually make a model that would be perfect for someone from California, like you...

Geesh Sir Spudly, I tawt we was amigo and all!

This whole thread stems behind my love of CR500 engines. I had a kx500 and it was nothing close to the CR.. but he local shop semi-sponsored me and they sold Kawies.. Also viewed a CR500 road racer... WOW!

Just a CR500 would be an arm lengthening blast. A 2 stroke 500 makes power equal to a 4 stroke 750.

I had a CR480 back in the day. The best way to steer it was with wheel spin.

Well Carver, it looks like you could probably snow-bike an FJR, as someone has just posted an inline 4 street bike made snow beast. I think you should get to work on that, a "sport touring" snow bike. Shaft drive might present a challenge, but i bet you could figure it out...

Latest posts