2018 Yamaha FJR police version

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mirrors, ha!

There going to have a sore ASS if the seat is anything like the stock one. I didn't see anything mentioned about that.

Dave

dcarver posted: I say good! And the white bikes look pretty coolio too...
Agreed. Pretty sure the white is for easy application of badges, stickers, unit numbers, etc, but it certainly makes them visible. That rear right mast would be great for carrying a banner: "SEO 2018" or etc.

From Yamaha's website ...... a handlebar that is 20 mm higher than the civilian model.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't want any of them in my mirrors..
I got zapped in ID once by a cop on a Connie C14. It was pretty much like getting pulled over by an FJR and yeah it really sucked although we had a nice talk about our bikes. Without veering off topic too much the coolest cop bike I've seen yet are the pair of 2017 Husky Enduro 450's in Clark County Idaho the Sheriff has. Look just like normal dirt bikes but have very bright red and blue LED's mounted right in the headlight. I've been offered to tag along on one in the backcountry by the sheriff and definitely am going to take him up on it!

Who is supplying all the extra stuff. I like that rear seat trunk.
Canadian FJR
Here's the list of special police add-ons from the blog.motorcycle.com story:

– Pre-wired electrical connectors for easy installation of front and rear flashing lights

– Pre-wired electrical connectors for easy installation of a siren and speaker

– A pre-wired handlebar control switch

– A compartment with pre-wired electrical connectors for an auxiliary battery

– A windscreen that is taller than the standard model

– Knuckle visors (integrated into the rearview mirrors)

– Wind deflectors for the rider’s feet

– Engine guards

– A rear-mounted radio box

Seems like a lot of FJR owners would be interested in those items.

One of these was on display at the International Motorcycle Show here in Columbus last fall. I think that was the closest that jwilly has ever got to a LEO-mobile without getting a ticket.

JSNS

IMG_3225_1.jpg

IMG_3229_1.jpg

WHAT?!?! No cute young thing in a shortie police uniform for the FJR?