2018 Motorcycle Road Racing Season Begins!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pterodactyl

Reaction score
World Superbike first round, race one, from Phillip Island, Australia live tonight. BeIn Sports (Dish channel 392), 2030-2300 hours Mountain Standard Time.

Release the Kraken!!!!!

Pterodactyl posted: World Superbike first round, race one, from Phillip Island, Australia live tonight. BeIn Sports (Dish channel 392), 2030-2300 hours Mountain Standard Time.
Release the Kraken!!!!!

and posted elsewhere: I spend my days in a darkened room with a bottle of whisky and a .357.
.... and the internet and a cable/sat package that includes Bein Sports, apparently.
coolsmiley02.gif

I've skied Big Sky twice, and believe it to be the best and most beautiful in North America. But every time, I wonder how the pioneers survived in that wilderness. They didn't have internet, cable TV, Gore-Tex, synthetic longjohns, or ski lifts. Damn long nights in the wintertime.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pterodactyl posted: World Superbike first round, race one, from Phillip Island, Australia live tonight. BeIn Sports (Dish channel 392), 2030-2300 hours Mountain Standard Time.
Release the Kraken!!!!!

and posted elsewhere: I spend my days in a darkened room with a bottle of whisky and a .357.
.... and the internet and a cable/sat package that includes Bein Sports, apparently.
coolsmiley02.gif

I've skied Big Sky twice, and believe it to be the best in North America. But every time, I wonder how the pioneers survived in that wilderness. They didn't have internet, cable TV, Gore-Tex, synthetic longjohns, or ski lifts. Damn long nights in the wintertime.
Our property is adjacent to a ranch. The land has been ranched by the same family since 1863 and sits astride one of the original fur trappers' trails. Lot of history surrounding that land and it took some tough men and women to hold on to it. Even now I marvel at the rancher being out feeding cattle in -25 temperatures an 20 MPH winds; tough business with a huge financial risk. And here I think I'm pretty tough if I ride in below freezing temperatures.

Think bed pans and outhouses in 40 below with a north wind. My mom told me it was the worst part of farm life as a kid in Minnesota, that had to really suck. Back on topic the first race had a few good passes and that Duc has to be one hell of a ride.

I am hoping WSBK is more competitive than it was last year. Good to see a Duc win and Rae off the podium.

Laverty was very competitive, in fact was leading, right up until the crash.

Great to see many lead changes and a pass for the win in the last few feet.

Yea, I'd be nice if Rea had to work for it this year.

MOTOGP season begins next weekend, 16-18 March, in Qatar. The BeIn Sports channel does not have the broadcast scheduled yet, but there are some blocks of time that are labeled To be announced. BeIn titles their MOTOGP & World Superbike broadcasts Motorcycle Racing and will not let viewers program a DVR to record the series.

The American Flat Track season starts 15 March with the Daytona TT. It will be broadcast on 25 March on NBCSN. I am sure BigJohn and Festar will provide a detailed accounting of the race with pictures of the umbrella girls.

. BeIn titles their MOTOGP & World Superbike broadcasts Motorcycle Racing and will not let viewers program a DVR to record the series.
Seriously !!! That's messed up.

Maybe it only applies to Montana -- Not California
rolleyes.gif
uhoh.gif

EDIT -- but Nooooo
no.gif
I just called BeIN sports and they confirmed the above ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ wanna watch the racing you do it live.

Thanks Pterodactyl -- you just saved me a DISH upgrade to top tier
smile.png

Noooooo.... the races can be recorded, but you must specifically select each event for recording. For other racing series, F1 for example, you can tell the DVR to record any F1 practice, qualifying or race no matter when it occurs on that channel. It is good idea to also record the event after the race just in case there is a rain delay or red flag.

Noooooo.... the races can be recorded, but you must specifically select each event for recording. For other racing series, F1 for example, you can tell the DVR to record any F1 practice, qualifying or race no matter when it occurs on that channel. It is good idea to also record the event after the race just in case there is a rain delay or red flag.
Thanks for the clarification
punk.gif
I believe that's what my recording tech (Deb) has already been doing.

The BeIN girl from India led me to believe we couldn't do that any longer !

Good to have knowledgeable peeps here
smile.png
--- ya just cost me a DISH upgrade - LOL

. BeIn titles their MOTOGP & World Superbike broadcasts Motorcycle Racing and will not let viewers program a DVR to record the series.
Seriously !!! That's messed up.Maybe it only applies to Montana -- Not California :rolleyes: :uhoh:

EDIT -- but Nooooo :no: I just called BeIN sports and they confirmed the above ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ wanna watch the racing you do it live.

Thanks Pterodactyl -- you just saved me a DISH upgrade to top tier :)
I dunno....I have dish and have recorded every year on my dish DVR.....I just find the listing in the guide and tell it to record the series. As a matter of fact now that it's showing on the dish guide, I just set it up to record before logging in here. Still have all of last year's recordings too actually.

GP Qualifying is on BEIN 3/17 at 2:00pm and at 8:30 PM EST. On the 18th, GP(?qualifying repeat?) is showing at 1:30pm, Moto3 at 8:30pm, Moto2 at 9:30pm, and GP at 10:30 pm EST

This is according to Cyclenews TV listings.

HTH,

Bob