First 2018 ES Used- Mine Now

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJR-RemingtonRider

Their Sunset / My Sunrise
Reaction score
Well after 5yrs abroad working out East, headed back home and more frequent riding. The 08, is holding strong but hey I want a change. Pushing forward to the point.

Hope not out of line, but folks kinda dance around MC 'price paid.

Was settled on 16'ES and saw a nice deal on CL for $13,999.00 well moving from DC and driving this weekend in uhaul, having car shipped. As fate would have it, cruising through CL saw a 18'ES with 280miles listed for $13,999.00 Didn't believe it, but I contacted dealer (which is on direct route driving back home with Uhaul) and confirmed it was real and deposit put down; finger snap fast; negotiations pursued. Side note _ they couldn't get a used value, too New. So this has to be the first USED 2018es resale.

Keep in mind drive by pick up and continuing to Texas, so no dealer relationship building here.

Well, dealer prep was reasonable at $195.00,

Document fee was $371.00

They put in sales tax, title and such, but that's a no go. I tried to tell finance guy on phone that out of state dealers can't register vehicles in TX, must have vehicle inspected first...he said no that's the old way.....no worries. I can settle that when I pick it up.

Well instead of financing, I have decided to pay dealer straight for it.(No financing)

Quandary; I have read where some get $4k-$5k off sticker for a new bike.

They would not budge (Over the phone) on price. Finance guy that is.

With given info, what is a good straight up price to offer including the two fees listed above(which I think is fair charges)?

$14,565.00

I will still pay tax, title,and register in Texas.

Thoughts on good offer to dealer?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, the color is intriguing. Unfortunately no one has one I can see. Hope it's astonishing in person as it is on screen.

Its a new bike Demo or some salesman used it for weekend. That's not a bad price $3500 off sticker. Might be better deals out there but you'll have to search. Warchild has one he posted several photos here. Matte blue no shine its different but ok. I've saw one at dealer this weekend . They wanted $18k and prep.

Search a little down on FJR related page ...this one Phantom Blue Matte encounter.

Sounds like you have a pretty good deal going with $4k off sticker for 280 miles.

Dealer prep and especially the large doc fee sounds like BS on a "used" bike but that's a negotiation point.

--G

Yep fees, and the topper is...it's not a Yamaha dealership. It's at a BMW-Ducati dealer, imagine that.

They say customer bought it, and turned it in to them.

Anyways.....got a couple days to tune the offer.

Appreciating the feedback.

Yep fees, and the topper is...it's not a Yamaha dealership. It's at a BMW-Ducati dealer, imagine that. They say customer bought it, and turned it in to them. Anyways.....got a couple days to tune the offer. Appreciating the feedback.
Traded it in? On what. Bike still has warranty right, should see about Y.E.S possibility. Bottom line is still the price.

I looked at a lot of websites recently before I purchased my 2016 ES. Unfortunately, the best deals I found were far from here, so I ended up paying a little more, but then picking it up 5 miles from my house, so that was easy. This sounds like a very good deal IMO.

They will be going for that or less by next September. Picked up my 2015A brand new for less than 10K OTD price.

Dave

Made it to NC, dealer swears he had 5 offers/buyers waiting in line for this deal. Wouldn't budge on price. So $13,992 + 175 and we swapped cash for bike.

Now on to TX after I go back and pick it up tomorrow. TX will be wanting their sales tax and registration fees soon.

Ok, was on the fence since I had not seen a 2018 in person. Something about the Matte color scheme grows on you.

*** I was seriously thinking about a 2014 w/9k miles which had a Corbin smuggler, laam seat, canyon cages, frame sliders and ram mounts not to mention after not exhaust, all for $10k. Up in Forth Worth, TX.

But the slick looking Matte finish just kept drawing me closer. Used with only 256miles. I was hooked. Now I have to prep and sell my 2008 for $4k or less when I get back to TX this weekend. This new steed better enjoy the ride on the trailer, it will be it's last. Since I am moving with uhaul, this was an on the way back home pick up.

Best thing is, it will be a total surprise to the wife when I pull up.....lol. she was sure it would take me 3 months to make a decision.

Insurance quotes - because sharing is caring.

State Farm who we switched all our cars to, and home quoted me $235.00/6mths

All State who we still have just the two other motorcycles with, quoted an additional $207.00/yr because thebotherbtwo would go down. But the straight quote was $350.00/yr so $175/6mths.

This was weird that State Farrm who we have so much with was so much higher. I believe that's why we switched everything but the bikes.

Pics coming ***and a cool name too!

Well after 5yrs abroad working out East, headed back home and more frequent riding. The 08, is holding strong but hey I want a change. Pushing forward to the point.Hope not out of line, but folks kinda dance around MC 'price paid.

Was settled on 16'ES and saw a nice deal on CL for $13,999.00 well moving from DC and driving this weekend in uhaul, having car shipped. As fate would have it, cruising through CL saw a 18'ES with 280miles listed for $13,999.00 Didn't believe it, but I contacted dealer (which is on direct route driving back home with Uhaul) and confirmed it was real and deposit put down; finger snap fast; negotiations pursued. Side note _ they couldn't get a used value, too New. So this has to be the first USED 2018es resale.

Keep in mind drive by pick up and continuing to Texas, so no dealer relationship building here.

Well, dealer prep was reasonable at $195.00,

Document fee was $371.00

They put in sales tax, title and such, but that's a no go. I tried to tell finance guy on phone that out of state dealers can't register vehicles in TX, must have vehicle inspected first...he said no that's the old way.....no worries. I can settle that when I pick it up.

Well instead of financing, I have decided to pay dealer straight for it.(No financing)

Quandary; I have read where some get $4k-$5k off sticker for a new bike.

They would not budge (Over the phone) on price. Finance guy that is.

With given info, what is a good straight up price to offer including the two fees listed above(which I think is fair charges)?

$14,565.00

I will still pay tax, title,and register in Texas.

Thoughts on good offer to dealer?
I called and told them I would put it on my card today and they said it had headed off to TX two days before. I DESPISE YOU. Just joking. Why did the guy trade with such low mileage. Well got a new one for 16000