• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Need 2013-2016 Nose Cowl frame (Stay).

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n2osx

Reaction score
Hi guys and gals! I am looking for a couple parts for my brother's 2013 FJR. He dropped the bike and busted the Cowl "Stay" (pn- 1MC-28356-01-00) at the right mirror. Being a Cast piece, we don't want to try welding it. The plastic nose is cracked at the mirror. I can fix that if needed.

Hopefully somebody knows somebody with a parts bike

Carl

There's one at a salvage yard in Florida. I believe they have a number of the parts listed on ebay. Some of the parts were high, some were reasonable.

The cheapest I have found so far was at the parts place that I normally buy from. Partzilla.com. Everything that I found on ebay and Amazon was a bit more. Thank you for the heads up! I will look again just in case.

Carl

My 08 I got 9 yrs ago had a broken stay at the mirror when I bought it.

Used JB weld (Yea cheapo). Worked, still riding 60k miles later.

I broke the bikemdown to the stay and front frame. Made tightening the mirrorsnon a challenge, but held.

Mirror needed

I fabricated two pieces to repair my stay without disassembling the while front end. 4 years and 40,000 miles later still strong. Wete I going to do it again I would add the ON Weld to the solution as well.

When we had it apart the cast did look a little like pot metal at the mirror tab break. I am readily willing to admit that I could be wrong. Maybe I'll try to weld this one up. Thank you for the heads up guys. I looked at the linked post with the welded picture and definitely do able. The thing that sucks about my brother's is that it broke through the mirror mounting holes. I think that what I'll do is cut another piece of aluminum to weld on to make it double thickness. I have enough room to play with.

Last edited by a moderator: