Penske and Bushtec trailer hitch

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juniorfjr

Reaction score
For others who tow and have a Penske shock. I am curious how you have installed the resevoir bracket and the hitch. Both are made to attach to the forward bolt of the rear pegset. Things get kind of tight in there.

Oh Lord, you have a trailer hitch AND are a darksider. Next you'll be confessing to buying cheap chinese levers, and tires and that you don't spend $350 dollars for a helmet. What is the world coming too. Don't you know that you are ruining a great bike by doing these things and taking your life in your hands.

I just had to deal with that same issue. My Penske reservoir would rub every time the suspension would depress.

My solution (I was in a hurry) was to cut an aluminum drop down mounting extension piece and put poly spacers

to lower the bracket AND give it the outward clearance needed. MAKE SURE YOU PRETEST YOUR CLEARANCE

BEFORE YOU ASSEMBLE EVERYTHING. DAMHIK
uhoh.gif

If you want PM me and I can text you photos.

I will check with Traxxion next service to see if they have a better idea (Such as a prefabricated piece to install there.)

Oh Lord, you have a trailer hitch AND are a darksider. Next you'll be confessing to buying cheap chinese levers, and tires and that you don't spend $350 dollars for a helmet. What is the world coming too. Don't you know that you are ruining a great bike by doing these things and taking your life in your hands.
I haven't abandoned the darkside completely, but for now I'm going to run a mc tire. Aparrently Bushtec didn't consider the wide shoulders when they designed the hitch. And no, I don't spend $350 or more for a helmet.

Latest posts