ABS test coupler

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The bike is not going anywhere soon with all the snow we have and are going to get this week again. No warm weather anytime soon.

Thanks, Dave

The description says, "Features. Application Yamaha. FJR1300 03-12. XTZ12 Super Tenere 12-13." Should I be concerned about using it on my '14 ES?

You need to jump the connector in order to access the ABS diag screen. I believe that is the reason you need it.

Dave

it looks like the matching plug and has a loop of wire simply connecting two pins.

it is no different than the jumper wire mod, just a OEM plug and a little easier i think. and i'm a tool collector, so i needed one. thats just me.

Here’s the contact info for the dealer who has brought some in for me..

Ian Cooper

Aftersales Manager

Saltire Motorcycles / Alba Customs

553 Gorgie Road

Edinburgh EH11 3XX

Tel: 0131 478 6661

www.saltiremotorcycles.com

Those Canadian dealers are so nice, I guess it's in their blood. I can't find a competent dealer who wants to help with anything out of the ordinary. Kudos to you guys for getting extras.

Those Canadian dealers are so nice, I guess it's in their blood. I can't find a competent dealer who wants to help with anything out of the ordinary. Kudos to you guys for getting extras.
Are you going to Nakusp?...If you want me to pick one up for you when I am in Scotland, pm me fast..

Are you going to Nakusp?...If you want me to pick one up for you when I am in Scotland, pm me fast..
Dunno if this reply was fast enough but no, not going to Nakusp. Appreciate the offer but I'm perfectly fine using an alligator clip once per year to cycle my ABS.

A few pics of my '07, location and an alligator clip to connect 2 pins to test ABS -> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b4u2kjtylkzzuvd/AAAz_JO84kT1IemSDFBaENiDa?dl=0
Thanks for that ! It seems, the test coupler available on Amazon is not shipped to Canada, for some reason and my dealer can't find it either.

Your pics make it quite easy to go thru the ABS test routine and save a few bucks too ...thanks again there rbentnail !
i'll order it from amazon and ship it to you if you need one. just might take a few days

A few pics of my '07, location and an alligator clip to connect 2 pins to test ABS -> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b4u2kjtylkzzuvd/AAAz_JO84kT1IemSDFBaENiDa?dl=0
Thanks for that ! It seems, the test coupler available on Amazon is not shipped to Canada, for some reason and my dealer can't find it either.

Your pics make it quite easy to go thru the ABS test routine and save a few bucks too ...thanks again there rbentnail !
i'll order it from amazon and ship it to you if you need one. just might take a few days
Hey there someguy, and thanks for the offer. I just got my hands on a small alligator clip to use on those 2 pins in the test socket. ...just seems easier, but I still appreciate yer idea !

Safe ride there someguy

I couldn't get this to work on my '06. The connector is exactly the same, and I had no trouble identifying the pins that are connected to each other in the photo. When I turned on the ignition (with the kill switch set to off) the ABS light would not stop flashing. I checked the battery voltage as the Service Manual recommends, and it was fine. Connecting a charger pushed the voltage even higher, but the ABS light kept flashing. I even tried doing the test but nothing happened, as the Manual predicted when the light is flashing. The light went off as soon as I removed the alligator clamp connecting the pins.

The ABS was working a few hundred km ago (I test it occasionally). I could go out and test it again to make sure it's working and to cycle the fluid, then do another brake fluid flush. But I wasn't planning on insuring the bike for a few weeks, and it would be nice to finish the job before cleaning up the mess.

Suggestions, other than a defective ABS unit?