Aux fuel bulkhead fitting

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flars

Reaction score
I just moved my auxiliary fuel tank from mu '08 to my '16. In service to the community, I offer this info:

Bulkhead fitting and 'L' barb fitting were purchased from Grainger, which has a facility here in Tampa. You order online and pick up locally, or have it shipped to you:

Anchor Coupling, Brass, 1/4 in., Pipe 13Y867 $ 8.95

Hose Barb, 1/4 In Barb in MNPT, Brass 6AFG8 $ 3.95

I then bought O-rings from McMaster-Carr:

1201T57 Chemical-Resistant Viton Fluoroelastomer O-Ring, Mil. Spec, 1/8 Fractional Width, Dash Number 210, Packs of 10.

$5.15 (plus 6.46 shipping, unfortunately)

The bulkhead fitting comes with a lock washer and takes a 3/4 inch hole. It is 1 inch tall. The barb is for 1/4 inch (ID) fuel line.

I was able to use an ordinary ratchet wrench with a 3 inch extension to tighten the nut (inside the tank) by putting my whole darn arm up to the elbow inside the fuel pump hole. There is an 'anti-slosh' wall around the fuel pump that you have to work over with the ratchet.

Another note: getting the pump out is actually easy. You have to use needle nose pliers to gently twist a little tang that sticks out (has to do with the fuel level sensor, maybe???) so you can pull the pump 1/2 way out. Then rotate the pump towards the front of the tank, since the 'anti-slosh' shroud is lower in front than it is in back so you can get the float out. You also have to squeeze the body of the pump a little to work it out. It goes back in a LOT easier than it comes out.