Only 1 FJR in the MN 1000?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike is in, Brant is riding dirt bikes, not sure what Derek's story is could be staff like me.
Maybe one FJR, but there will be 2 riders on it. Talked my wife into it. Told her it would be no problem if we took a 8 hr rest break instead of the 3 hr standard rest bonus.

It's not often I lie to her, but she went for it hook, line and sinker.

argue.gif
<<<<< yeah I can see how this will play out. LOL

So now the MN1K is a wrap. Another great rally put on.

As for my wife? Well, I guess I earned the distinction of taking that rookie on the longest ride of the rally. LOL At just a few miles over 1100. I have to say I think that was one of the most enjoyable rallies I have ridden and I owe it all to her. Planning the route together, maintaining focus as the ride progressed and working out a pretty descent system to work as a team. Just flat out fun!

At the beginning when she agreed to enter this rally, I had to promise I would allow her to get 6 hrs of sleep (and I would have done so), but when we barely got that last daylight bonus, it felt like a victory. We rode a bit longer, got a motel, and she pretty much figured out what time I had to set the alarm so we wouldn't get started much after out 4 hr rest bonus was up. LOL She pretty much made sure I was running on time and not dilly dallying about.

Needless to say I'm proud of her. She became a Stranger and a (pending) IBA member all on one ride. Very cool indeed. After 30-something years of marriage, we are now Strangers to each other. haha

Mike, I love how in Post #4 its 8 hrs, then you agree to 6 hours prior to the rally, then during the rally you kind of cut a little time off that…

You need to give the rest of us a class on the art of "Compromise" My numbers tend to go the other way (4,then 6, then… dog gone that was 8)

So now the MN1K is a wrap. Another great rally put on.
As for my wife? Well, I guess I earned the distinction of taking that rookie on the longest ride of the rally. LOL At just a few miles over 1100. I have to say I think that was one of the most enjoyable rallies I have ridden and I owe it all to her. Planning the route together, maintaining focus as the ride progressed and working out a pretty descent system to work as a team. Just flat out fun!

At the beginning when she agreed to enter this rally, I had to promise I would allow her to get 6 hrs of sleep (and I would have done so), but when we barely got that last daylight bonus, it felt like a victory. We rode a bit longer, got a motel, and she pretty much figured out what time I had to set the alarm so we wouldn't get started much after out 4 hr rest bonus was up. LOL She pretty much made sure I was running on time and not dilly dallying about.

Needless to say I'm proud of her. She became a Stranger and a (pending) IBA member all on one ride. Very cool indeed. After 30-something years of marriage, we are now Strangers to each other. haha

That's awesome Mike!! My wife thinks I prefer to rally solo even though I keep telling her its more fun with her. Yeah, I'd rather ride my FJR instead of the Wing....but that's a small tradeoff for having her along. For some reason she thinks I'm not having fun when I let loose with some colorful language when we get stuck at a train crossing or a draw bridge. LOL And yes, she favors the rallies with big points for rest.