Free Canada Maps?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SacramentoMike

Not Safe For Work
Reaction score
Whenever I cross into a new state I start looking for a state Visitor Information Center--always staffed by helpful folks--often volunteers I think--and they're happy to give you any number of free road maps and pamphlets, recommendations on restaurants, etc. In some cases, I've contacted state visitors bureaus and been sent paper maps by mail--very nice.

Does Canada have either such thing? I'm looking for BC and Alberta for CFR, but all I've found so far is online maps to download. I like the paper ones I can fold open in my tank bag window. Would it be like it often is here where there's a place just inside the border to pick up all this good stuff? I know, I'm cheap as hell, but I always fold and re-fold those free maps so the section of the map where I am shows and they get thrashed pretty fast. Usually don't survive beyond one trip. Thanks.

If you're a AAA member they're free SacMike. On previous trips to Canada we haven't come across any free maps...

~G

Might depend on the province. Most tourist bureaus seem to have them. Some are available for the asking by mail but not universal.

For anyone travelling in British Columbia, this is an excellent resource for road conditions, closures, traffic, maintenance etc.

https://www.drivebc.ca/

Just BUY some fucking maps. Geeezus, Mike.

Why must someone subsidize your travels? Canadians have better things to do with their money than

babysit your American ass. They should fucking charge you a fee to use their roads.

And your hockey teams suck.

Okay.

I'm done.
They do, you dork. Have you seen the price of the gas they sell?

And we let them send us their unwanted people, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a marker and some extra napkins. Maps drawn and sent your way!

JSNS and
fuck.gif

Hugs n' Kisses

Our Prime Minister has redirected all the money previously spent on giving away free road maps to a campaign to save the gay whales - not that there's anything wrong with that...

If you want to never need to buy maps again Mike, invest in some from Destination Highways. Not only are they printed on tough material but they rate and show all of the best motorcycle roads!

If you have AAA, you can get free maps from BCAA locations in BC, and AMA locations in Alberta.

If not, then in BC a stop at a Visitor Center will get you free local area maps and they sell a BC highways map for about C$5.50.

Govt 'Visitor Centers' are marked with a blue sign with a yellow!. There are private operators that give the impression that they are the same, but they charge for everything.

-Steve

Thanks for the suggestions--I'm just hard on maps since I like the area I'm in fitted into the tank bag window and it never works to fold them on the existing folds. I use a GPS too, but I like both. I'll also be wearing a belt and suspenders.

Thanks for the suggestions--I'm just hard on maps since I like the area I'm in fitted into the tank bag window and it never works to fold them on the existing folds. I use a GPS too, but I like both. I'll also be wearing a belt and suspenders. And reading glasses too!

Thanks for the suggestions--I'm just hard on maps since I like the area I'm in fitted into the tank bag window and it never works to fold them on the existing folds. I use a GPS too, but I like both. I'll also be wearing a belt and suspenders. And reading glasses too!
And a condom. Can't be too safe!

And we let them send us their unwanted people, too.
I assume you're talking about Justin Bieber. You know how when you have an old dead lawnmower, and you "accidentally" leave it out by the street overnight? You're not forcing anyone to take it, but if they do, joke's on them. Enjoy the Biebs. Maybe consider making the best of the situation by taxing your tattoo parlors and using the extra income to buy maps. And while you'e up here, watch out on the blind corners because the runoff from the melting igloos can be slippery.

SacMike,

Looks like the tourist folks may have a paper map (Super, Natural BC). Email sent to them. Will report when I hear something. The provincial DOT (Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure) doesn't seem to produce them.

<sigh> So this is what the dinosaurs felt like ....

(And a condom? Really, dude?)

I wear one all the time. Ya never know.

I suppose I'll end up buying a fucking map. Too late to get one sent here anyway. I'M LEAVING SUNDAY!!

And it's not Bieber, by the way, Ogo. Him I can just turn off. The Canadian to whom I was referring is kind of like a crotch rash. Impossible to ignore.

I wear one all the time. Ya never know.
And it's not Bieber, by the way, Ogo. Him I can just turn off. The Canadian to whom I was referring is kind of like a crotch rash. Impossible to ignore.
Old Mikey to the white courtesy phone, please :rolleyes:

ps... to your first comment, there're absorbent briefs, pads, and clamps ( :wow: ) for you old dudes :thumbsup: