Motorcycle Gear Stores in New Hampshire?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RossKean

Reaction score
Now that Whitehorse has closed its doors in Conway NH, is there another favorite "Go-to" place in New Hampshire for riding gear? The premium charged by a brick-and-mortar place gets offset a bit by lack of sales tax. Prefer buying in person - returns are a PITA, especially mail order to Canada. I'm not one of those guys who will try on a bunch of stuff at a local store for fitment and then buy on line from whoever is cheapest.

Currently looking to replace helmet, boots, textile jacket, pants and gloves - pretty much one of everything!

No, there are no MC gear stores left in NH. Just a few of the bigger bike shops, and of course they don’t keep much inventory. Still no sales tax if a NH resident orders online. That is coming to an end for people from other tax states.

No, there are no MC gear stores left in NH. Just a few of the bigger bike shops, and of course they don’t keep much inventory. Still no sales tax if a NH resident orders online. That is coming to an end for people from other tax states.
And most of the bike shops are more expensive. Too bad.Mail order is a reasonable solution for people who live there but difficult for someone out of state (or out of country). Returns are just too complicated (and expensive).

What are Cycle Gear prices like?

Last edited by a moderator:
Their prices on name brand stuff is high. What they really want to sell you is their inferior quality house brand crap. When you go in the store that is what they have for the mist part with a few name brands at full price. Not a fan of Cycle Gear

The best mail order I have used a few times is motorcyclegear.com

Regular prices are decent but they have closeouts and specials that are quite good.

I still prefer trying stuff on in person...

I agree to the Woburn comments. Seemed like mostly house brand jackets. However, they are a stocking dealer for Arai, which seems to be extremely hard to find, and I was able to test fit in comparison to Shoei which is also stocked. Again, good thing.

All in all, pleasant change from the same old stuff at a motorcycle dealer.

I will agree that Cycle Gear exists to push its in-house brands, but I won't say that equipment is total crap. Expect it to last for a few riding seasons, or maybe to get you home if something fails while you're roaming around.

After 15,000 miles of year-round riding, I'm still using a pair of their BILT ventilated gloves, which do not bleed onto my hands like the Alpinestar mesh gloves do when it rains.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts