I am back and very happy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Semper Fi

Reaction score
I had a 2003 FJR 1300 a couple of years ago. I stopped posting and reading the forum because I traded it in on an F3-S Spyder. It wasn't bad and, it made the wife happy. I missed the FJR with a passion!! We used to live in PA and we moved to NV. We brought the Spyder with us. I rode it around here and still missed the FJR! Last Sunday we took a trip to Reno NV. We stopped at a Can Am dealer to have them check a few things on the Spyder. Knowing the maintenance department would be closed, we walked in just to talk and have a look at the dealership. A salesman came to us and talked with us. Both the wife and I said "we are not here looking to buy anything." I said, "just wondering if you have any FJR's here." He says "yes I do, we have 5. One new one and, 4 used." I looked the new and wanted it but, I then went to the used bikes he had. Now remember, we are not there to buy anything. After a test ride and some talking, I walked out with a 2007 FJR with 44,000 miles on it. I am extremely happy with our purchase!! So now I am back to read and learn everything I can about this fantastic motorcycle!

Welcome back!!! We are gathering in British Columbia and Spearfish later this month. Join us!!

Great story !!

Now then, do I ask about FJR's at my next visit to our local Can Am dealer ---- or not ?

Don't think I can afford to ---- or can I ?
bike.gif

Woohoo someone else from CC, best place to retire, we need to get together for a beer after Nakusp and Spearfish rallies are over !

Great story !!Now then, do I ask about FJR's at my next visit to our local Can Am dealer ---- or not ?

Don't think I can afford to ---- or can I ? :bike:
Go for it Roger. You know you reeaallyy want to. :punk:
Oh, I DO want to Ray -- common sense (and garage space) has been holding me back.

Weak excuses huh, LOL
In case you haven't noticed my friend we are not getting any younger. Do what you can while you can.

Great story !!

Now then, do I ask about FJR's at my next visit to our local Can Am dealer ---- or not ?

Don't think I can afford to ---- or can I ?
bike.gif
Go for it Roger. You know you reeaallyy want to.
punk.gif
Oh, I DO want to Ray -- common sense (and garage space) has been holding me back.Weak excuses huh, LOL
In case you haven't noticed my friend we are not getting any younger. Do what you can while you can.
Duly noted Ray
smile.png

"Deb, Deb, Ray just told me to buy another bike !!
punk.gif
bike.gif
Deb .... Debbie "

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for all the offers on the beer! No I did not keep the Spyder. It was fun but, I really needed to be back on 2 wheels! I am very happy with the "New Bike" but, I don't think it has as much power as the old '03 that I had. It has 44,000 miles on it. Is there anything I should make sure is done on this bike? I do have to change the brake fluid and gear oil. I just wonder is there anything else?

Also, I am sorry it took me so long to get back on here. My youngest daughter just got married. I had to do a lot to get ready for that wedding. Then I had to drive all the way to San Diego for the wedding!

If one of you would remind me of how to post pics on here, I will post one of both of the bikes. I do have Photobucket if that will work.

thanks for all the offers on the beer! No I did not keep the Spyder. It was fun but, I really needed to be back on 2 wheels! I am very happy with the "New Bike" but, I don't think it has as much power as the old '03 that I had. It has 44,000 miles on it. Is there anything I should make sure is done on this bike? I do have to change the brake fluid and gear oil. I just wonder is there anything else?
Also, I am sorry it took me so long to get back on here. My youngest daughter just got married. I had to do a lot to get ready for that wedding. Then I had to drive all the way to San Diego for the wedding!

If one of you would remind me of how to post pics on here, I will post one of both of the bikes. I do have Photobucket if that will work.
Photobucket won't allow third party hosting anymore.

Try imgur.com or there are others that you can use.

Latest posts