Looking for Suggestions, 3 day loop of PNW after CFR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chris, I've spent a lot of time riding everything from Jasper down to Yellowstone and in between (I live near Yellowstone). PM me for ideas as I'm happy to throw out some suggestions. There's a ton of country obviously but with 3 days you can do a lot, depending on what kind of mileage you want to do.

Chris, I've spent a lot of time riding everything from Jasper down to Yellowstone and in between (I live near Yellowstone). PM me for ideas as I'm happy to throw out some suggestions. There's a ton of country obviously but with 3 days you can do a lot, depending on what kind of mileage you want to do.
PM Sent

Fontanaman,

I really like your route but if I may make one change it would be south out of Clarkston through the Rattlesnake Grade to Joseph. From there take 350 to NF-39 and get a chance stop at a Hells Canyon overlook. Then down into Oxbow, over to Cambridge and into McCall. This change adds 100 miles with lots of twisties but it will be cooler and more scenic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fontanaman,I really like your route but if I may make one change it would be south out of Clarkston through the Rattlesnake Grade to Joseph. From there take 350 to NF-39 and get a chance stop at a Hells Canyon overlook. Then down into Oxbow, over to Cambridge and into McCall. This change adds 100 miles with lots of twisties but it will be cooler and more scenic.
Last time I was two up on FS39 I swore it off. Lots of sand in the turns and terrible pavement. This was four or five years ago. It is slow going. I was two up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have not been down it since ..... last September. It is true there are a few sections where the road is less then desirable but it is so beautiful. Plan to do it again on the way to the Stanley Stomp in August.

Hey thanks for all the suggestions.

I'll be putting these in Basecamp tomorrow then I have a 3 day speed run to pick up Diana in Calgary.

Looking forward to checking out all these routes.

Chris