After market rider foot pegs for 2016 FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bikerdup

Reaction score
I'm looking to install slash cut style foot pegs on my 2016 FJR. I see pegs advertised on eBay from companies like M-Factory and MC Motorsports. However, their fitment charts say they are not compatible with the 2016. Was there a change in peg design after 2013, because these pegs are indicated to fit FJRs through that year?

Thx!

I think you'll find that the pegs themselves changed (softer rubber on the later ones) but the fitment is identical, the frame is the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, mcatrophy. I appreciate your quick reply and knowledge sharing. It's curious that these companies would indicate non-compatibility for the newer FJRs.

My guess is that the part number of the pegs changed, so they didn't know whether theirs would still fit.

For your comparison, two pictures showing the mounting of the right peg for the 2006 and 2018.

(Click on image for larger view)

Left: 2006. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Right: 2018

Just a follow up on this thread. I went ahead and ordered a set of rider BoB Moto slash cut pegs from eBay. Their fitment chart says they are non-compatible on the 2014+ FJR. However, they fit my 2016 perfectly. I just ordered a set of rear pegs and will confirm that fitment as soon as I am able.

Final installment on this thread. As previously noted, the front BoB Moto pegs from eBay were a perfect drop-in fit. Received the rear pegs and did have to do a small bit of fitment. To be specific, the axle hole in the BoB Moto peg is too small to accept the steel bushing that is part of the stock set up. This bushing is a critical component that must be used for the passenger pegs to correctly fit. The fitment was a simple matter of drilling out the axle hole with a 3/8" drill bit. That modification done, the pegs mounted up perfectly using the stock bushing. The new pegs (front and rear) open up the seat/peg distance and reduce stress on the knees on long rides (and they look really cool !!).

Just wanted to share in case anyone else wants to do this mod.

What is the point of changing the pegs? Do the replacements sit higher and give more cornering clearance or something?

I kind of like that the pegs touch down first, not that I do that all that often. When I do I generally scare the shite out of myself. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: