Butt Lite IX Blog

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickcorwn

Reaction score
Butt Lite IX riders and staff will begin arriving at rally headquarters at the Marriott Griffin Gate in Lexington, Kentucky right around July 4th. The six-day rally begins at precisely 8:00am ET on Sunday, July 8th.

The riders will meet back together at the checkpoint in Maggie Valley, North Carolina mid-week for leg one scoring. Then they will be off again for leg two.

They’ll return to Lexington no later than 8:00am on Saturday, July 14th.

Join us for all the action at the Butt Lite Blog. We’ll be posting updates, stories, photos, videos, SPOT tracks and anything else we can think of before, during and after.

Lite Fuse. Get Away.

Blix6_400.jpg

In addition to a free entry to the 2019 IBR the BL IX winner will get some cool hardware!

Off to Lexington!

i-BDZVNrW-L.jpg

Fresh set of PR-4s on the shelf here in Spearfish SD. Always ready to help A Rider in need. Sicks oh fyve six for too sex too sex ate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking forward to meeting a few of you in Lexington - I'm an infrequent visitor here to the FJR forum but do tune into the IBR thread every 2 years since this is always the place to be. I'm the guy riding the red ST1100...

Leg 1 bonus listing is here. Lots stuff near my house, but where else you gonna ride between Lexington and Maggie Valley?

Paul Pelland has some pics on his Facebook page taken with several of the riders. Believe I saw Eric Bray in the mix.

Not supposed to be any social media by riders ..... but I know Mr. Bray is #2 after the first leg.

Not supposed to be any social media by riders ..... but I know Mr. Bray is #2 after the first leg.
I would be very cautious of any inferences of riders using social media. They were told in no uncertain term that ANY social media use would result in disqualification and they weren't kidding.

On a lighter note, lots of photos and updates on the BLOG.

rickcorwn posted: I would be very cautious of any inferences of riders using social media. They were told in no uncertain term that ANY social media use would result in disqualification and they weren't kidding.
Have been enjoying your photos, sir, especially the photo of/from Eddie's bench. Didn't know it was in my backyard, so I'll visit on the ride home from work today.

Mr. Bray's standings are published in the BLIX blog, so that's gotta be OK to promulgate, right? I mean, you guys posted it yourselves, and on the World Wide Web where Russians and everybody can see it.

rickcorwn posted: I would be very cautious of any inferences of riders using social media. They were told in no uncertain term that ANY social media use would result in disqualification and they weren't kidding.
Have been enjoying your photos, sir, especially the photo of/from Eddie's bench. Didn't know it was in my backyard, so I'll visit on the ride home from work today.

Mr. Bray's standings are published in the BLIX blog, so that's gotta be OK to promulgate, right? I mean, you guys posted it yourselves, and on the World Wide Web where Russians and everybody can see it.
Info from the blog is of course okay, your original post "could" have been interpreted that you saw that info on Eric's social media. It's a touchy subject right now.

From the route sheets...

127) Atlanta, GA ECJ Daylight 225 points

TeamStrange founder, Eddie James, left us suddenly on December 6, 2009, and nothing has ever been the same. But we know he's pretty darn happy that we've continued the tradition of Butt Lite. And we continue to ask the question - What Would Eddie Do?

Eddie's bench sits at the highest elevation within the City of Atlanta. Enjoy the breeze. Include the Atlanta skyline in your photo.

Take a photo of Eddie's bench.

Crest Lawn Memorial Park, 2000 Marietta Blvd. On top of the hill. Regardless of GPS instructions, enter Crest Lawn Cemetery through the main entrance on Marietta Blvd.

Coordinates 33.81109, -084.44310

Go there, it's a lovely spot.

The riders are taking pictures WITH Paul Pelland. He's not competing in the rally. Looks like either him, his bike or both are a bonus in the Barber Museum. This is my take looking at the photo gallery on buttliterally.com. I imagine, if that's the case PP can post whatever he wants on FB, etc. Just the riders would be penalized for doing so.

The Bonus is Mr Pelland with his bike, at Barber Motorsports Museum. From the bonus listing ...

34) Birmingham, AL CUR Sun noon to 6 pm; Mon-Tue 10 am to 6 pm 470 points

Butt Lite & IBR finisher Paul Pelland has spent much of the last five years riding his motorcycle around the country raising awareness and money for Multiple Sclerosis. Paul has donated his Yamaha Super Tenere to the Barber Motorsports Museum which now has it on display.

Take a photo of Paul's Super Tenere, Cure Chaser.

6030 Barber Motorsports Pkwy. Admission to the museum is $16.50.

Coordinates 33.53301, -086.61374

28483409727_4649d5b761_c.jpg

No kidding; it's a nice view of town.

I would be very cautious of any inferences of riders using social media. They were told in no uncertain term that ANY social media use would result in disqualification and they weren't kidding.

I’ve known Eric for several years and worked with him for a couple of those years. He knows the rules and he’s smart enough to stay away from Social Media, per the rules. No worries.

I’ve known Eric for several years and worked with him for a couple of those years. He knows the rules and he’s smart enough to stay away from Social Media, per the rules. No worries.
Oh yeah, I'm friends with Eric also and he definitely has not (and would not) post anything on social media during the rally.

By the way Stitch, based on your post here, I clicked on your name to look back on your posts because I figured now that it was probably you I had a brief interaction with during last year's IBR thread. I had posted a question about rest bonuses because I was concerned about a rider going for so long. And you answered saying how you were hoping your friend would take a rest soon, too. Eric told me after the rally that you are a friend of his and that we were both referring to him without knowing it. That gave me a chuckle. :)

Cool analysis of the Top 3 from Leg 1's stats on the blog. Can't wait to see the final stats and hopefully another analysis!

Cool analysis of the Top 3 from Leg 1's stats on the blog. Can't wait to see the final stats and hopefully another analysis!

Yeah, Can't wait to see how this plays out. Spoke with Eric a few times during leg 2. He went up to Minnesota/Michigan UP, while Owen I think hit the Northeast (assuming he was "Jim" on the group SPOT) as well as Connacher. A bunch of others had some monster rides, just no idea who they are from the SPOT page.