FJR Naked Street project

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofreeride

Reaction score
It's been several years since I've posted. I have not ridden an FJR since I started my used car dealership, and sold my FJR Reverse Trike

Here is the mockup for something I've been working on:

fjrmockup800.jpg

Comments and questions welcome.

'05, non-ABS?

Will be interesting to see once it is done. Where does the battery hide and where will all the excess wiring and electric do-dads go?

Post some progress pics! Definitely not going to be a wet weather bike!

Really cool. I'll be interested to see the finished project. I just saw the FJR Reverse Trike for the first time on YouTube. Don't know how I missed that one. Looks like a lot of fun!

I'll be interested in seeing a dyno chart for your finished product. Starting to look mean and nasty already...
Dyno isn't going to be different from any other FJR. Drive train is the same. BUT, I expect it will be pretty lively off the line with the reduced weight, especially in front. Might be tricky keeping the front wheel planted.

Are you planning to put any pipes on? Otherwise it may be the loudest FJR ever.

On the flip side, why not FZ1? Just curious....

Most of the wiring is already rerouted and the battery is under the seat. A lot of the wiring and relays are under the tank (removed the AIR stuff). There is minimal wiring left in front (gauges, lights, horn, coils).

Exhaust is already on if you look closely in the picture. Sounds pretty good (loud). Going to fabricate some heat shields so as not to melt my heels. I will look at whether or not changing the fuel map will be necessary.

Fabbing up some brackets for the gauge cluster and the radiator sides. A fair amount of body work/fiberglass needs to be done to the tail section.

I will keep you up with my progress. Thank you!

To answer the "why?" question:

I had this salvage-title bike around for a few years, with the intent to make another trike. I lost interest (lost my shop and had NO time) and I even tried to sell the whole pile at one point. Finally, I decided to do something a little different. Just for fun, definitely not a long distance or foul weather bike.

very kewl...meebee some kind of mini fairing

www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-Fairing-Dual-Headlight-35-54mm-Bracket-Street-Fighter-Naked-Dominator/132220737275?epid=2151099985&hash=item1ec8f856f

Someone else tried a "street hoodie" bike back when the FJR line was pretty new. The designs of such are not to my taste but you seem to be going in a more complete direction than he did. He just left all the cruft of the OEM wiring, etc. hanging out there in the open.