Route ideas Missoula MT to Auburn's Abode? PNW Crew?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you should adjust your route north somewhat, go through the Colville Reservation from Inchelum on Bridge Creek Road, then Cache Creek Road.

Then take WA 155 southwest, WA 97 down to Ellensburg, WA 821 down to Yakima, then WA 12 on to WA 410 over to Paradise Road south around Mt. Rainier...

So many possibilities... but from Missoula take 93 north to MT 200. West on 200 past my place, near Trout Creek and on into Sandpoint ID. (Be on the watch for whitetail deer on this route. Speed limit 70 but there are deer everywhere.) Turn west on US2 at Sandpoint then follow across ID to Newport WA. Take WA 20 from Newport all the way across the evergreen state to WA 9 at Sedro Woolley. South on WA 9 all the way to Snohomish where you will join the thundering thousands for the remainder of the journey to Auburn. WA 20 is one of the best motorcycle roads in the country, IMHO.

Heat is on in the desert dc, I'd stay north with dzane's route. Meet Panman and me Saturday morning in Monroe for the ride south to Auburn's.

You have my number.

~G

Heat is on in the desert dc, I'd stay north with dzane's route. Meet Panman and me Saturday morning in Monroe for the ride south to Auburn's.
You have my number.

~G
You have my number.

~G
If I can get there in time I'd love to tag along with you and Panman from Monroe to Auburn. I am assuming you'd be going down through Duvall. My son lives down that way and my daughter just north of there. Wish I could get someone else to deal with this hay...:-( Volunteers?

Big Thank You's to everyone!
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1oXMPgasBZOr7_rmYISyuBjFFMc2fq_j9&ll=47.758396805276384%2C-118.16755&z=7

....and I'm off to a true CandyButtAss start... after 10AM and still in hotel room!
whistle.gif
That is not how you beat the heat.

If I can get there in time I'd love to tag along with you and Panman from Monroe to Auburn. I am assuming you'd be going down through Duvall. My son lives down that way and my daughter just north of there. Wish I could get someone else to deal with this hay...:-( Volunteers?
Meeting at the Shell station, SW corner 2/203. Be ready to leave at 7A and we’ll head south via the valley to the Carnation $5bucks.

~G

Think I mis-posted. Oh well, it's damn difficult to be perfect all the time! :whistle:

2morrow night in Monroe.

I hate Garmin, really hate Garmin. Phuyck Garmin. Like Bustanut does Sheep. JSNS. Make a perfect BC route, import it then Zumo 590LM completely alters the route. Back to being like FjRay, poking buttons on Garmin tediously. Then having it re-route again to unknown unwanted places. Yes. Both BC and Zumo set to identical preferences. I'm going back to paper maps. Say Whhhhaaaaaaaatttt?

It's hot in Coleville WA. What up wid dat?
no.gif
not_i.gif

I'll be at 20310 Old Owen Road, Monroe, WA 98272 July 6.

See ya at 0700 Shell station, Georgeous George, July 7.

What is "Carnation $5bucks."? Does that mean breakfast or just stupid coffee?

---d

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Panman" data-cid="1400386" data-time="1530852391"><p>

Wait till you get to Brian & Marisa's for chow Star Bucks is coffee and Dog Nuts.</p></blockquote>

DC disappointed here, both my dogs lost their nuts. No breakfast.

JSNS

Last edited by a moderator:
Jealous you're still riding... anyhoo, FYI I rely on GPS but just use a line by line written guide for point to point then let the GPS sort itself out. Annoying when it tells you to turn around but yeah they don't like to follow routes most of the time :) Good seeing you for 2 min in Canada lol and ride safe! Highway 20 through North Cascades is awesome!

Jealous you're still riding... anyhoo, FYI I rely on GPS but just use a line by line written guide for point to point then let the GPS sort itself out. Annoying when it tells you to turn around but yeah they don't like to follow routes most of the time
smile.png
Good seeing you for 2 min in Canada lol and ride safe! Highway 20 through North Cascades is awesome!
Say Whaaat? You were in BC? How come you didn't remind this old dude who you were? :fuck:

And. I be in Monroe. Hope to see George and dZane 0700 2morrow AM...