• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Left saddlebag needed- Gen II

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abigail

Reaction score
One of the hooks on my left saddlebag broke off on my last trip. I finally gave up on repairing it or finding a used one and decided to shell out the $500 for a new one, only to find they're backordered from the manufacturer. This presents a slight problem as I am leaving for a 3-week cross-country trip on August 6th!

Anyone have one for sale? At this point, I don't care what color it is, I just need something to carry my stuff.

Thanks!!

If it helps, I understand that side cases are among the very few items that can be interchanged across all FJR generations.

And if your outer cover is in good condition, you can get a scratched case, drill out the hinges and mount your matching cover on the replacement case.

Move your current lock across (using Locktite on the lock screws, of course) and you are good to go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Crisis averted, TooManyBikes has one. Phew!

I guess the morals of the story are:

1. Don't try to cram too much into a saddlebag, the hooks might give out.

2. If they do break, don't wait until the last minute to order a new bag.